(Associate) Researcher In Vivo - Netherlands
- Our company is an emerging biotech startup developing RNA based therapies to treat cystic fibrosis and other severe genetic diseases.
- In this innovative and pioneering start-up atmosphere our devoted team is responsible for in-house in vivo studies.
- We are seeking an exceptional and motivated researcher to be part of our team to make the difference in achieving our mission.
- You will join the ‘In Vivo Team’ which is part of the Innovation crew responsible for rodent in vivo studies such as PK, PD and toxicology studies of our oligonucleotide drug candidates.
- We offer an exciting and innovative working environment within a very committed start-up organization, great colleagues and a lot of fun!
- We believe in our strong culture; personal responsibility, flexible work hours and places. You will have a training budget.
- Do you think you can contribute in achieving our mission and do you want to work in challenging environment where your work really makes a difference?
- Design in vivo studies (in cooperation with the lead scientists)
- Plan and conduct in vivo studies
- Histology (sample preparation, staining and microscopy)
- Analyze, interpret, record and present results
- Bachelor of Applied Science degree
- 1+ year of working experience with hands-on experience with animal handling, basic in vivo procedures and histology
- Art 12 certificate
- Experience with sample preparation for histology, molecular assays and ex-vivo primary cell culture
- Flexibility (you might occasionally need to work in the weekend)
- Basic understanding of experiment design
- Proficiency in animal welfare and governmental guidelines for animal care and use in research
Essential soft skills:
- Strong interpersonal skills; a team player; and overall, a nice person!
- Excellent writing and communication skills (Dutch and English)
- Flexibility to function well within a team environment, working on multiple projects at the same time, condensed timelines, and fast-changing priorities
Not required, but beneficial:
- Experience with breeding and generating transgenic mice
- Experience with advanced administration techniques like ICV, IVT, inhalation administration
- Biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry experience
- Confocal laser scanning microscopy experience