Development and implementation of a marketing strategy for a defined group of Animal Health products to meet identified objectives for impact, product positioning, market growth and profitability.
Direct line to BUD/National Marketing & Technical Manager/Product Manager
Resources Managed (budget and FTEs):
Marketing Budgets as defined in the operating plan
- Under guidance manage the allocated Direct Marketing Expenditure (DME) Budget including spend monitoring and development of investment proposals to secure future DME funding.
- Develop strategic marketing plans for Focus and Core (Emphasis) products to contribute to the development of the operating plan and formulate detailed plans for promotions and campaigns in line with the Business Unit marketing strategy and priorities
- Develop, review and revise sales forecasts (volume and NASP) with manager support to guide sales forecasting and inventory management, taking into account promotional plans, seasonal variations and market demand
- Determine and agree with Sales and Business Operations the appropriate pricing structure, taking into account value based pricing, market conditions and account manager flexibility to maximize sales and profitability
- Relationships: In consultation with manager develop strong working relationships with colleagues across the company to understand best practice and the development of business growth opportunities
- Marketing Campaigns: develop and deliver marketing campaigns for key products and provide ongoing support, guidance and training to sales teams to ensure all promotional materials, events and PR meet agreed marketing plan priorities and objectives
- Market Intelligence: Through a combination of customer visits, sales force feedback and market analysis from a range of sources (market data, market research, publications, conferences and industry contacts) ensure that market knowledge is up to date to inform debate and commercial decision making
- Cross Functional Teams: Where appropriate participate in and facilitate the work of cross functional teams to develop relevant and impactful marketing materials and commercial approaches that maximize sales and profitability over both the short and longer term.
Training & Education Preferred:
- Degree or relevant qualification
- Chartered Institute of Marketing Qualified
Prior Experience Preferred:
- Some knowledge of the veterinary market
- Previous veterinary sales experience
- Previous marketing experience
- Our company is a global animal health company dedicated to supporting customers and their businesses in ever better ways.
- Building on 60 years of experience, we deliver quality medicines and vaccines, complemented by diagnostic products and genetic tests and supported by a range of services.
- We are working every day to better understand and address the real-world challenges faced by those who raise and care for animals in ways they find truly relevant.