Associate Product Manager – Portable GCMS - United States
Portable GCMS is a rapidly growing and important product line within PerkinElmer. As the portable GCMS Associate Product Manager you will lead this global, multidiscipline team along with the GC Portfolio Director. The Associate Product Manager is responsible for translating the voice of customer into the product vision and execution, including: marketing communications, strategy development, business development, and new product R&D.
- Manage Product Line: responsible for the day to day operation of the product line including maintaining the existing products pricing and inventory.
- Product Ownership: represent the voice of the customer in ongoing and new portfolio decisions including organic and in organic product development.
- Develop Collateral: collaborate with marketing communications team to develop and deliver customer facing materials to enable sales
- Global Business Support: understand and optimize the performance of the business execution globally.Provide report out on this for both monthly and quarterly reviews.
- Strategic Marketing: Work with the GC Portfolio Director to perform and lead customer and market segmentation analysis including assessment of the customer profile within the regions by industry, size, application focus, and technology requirements
- Business planning: Work with GC Portfolio Director and cross functional partners to formulate business plans and drive the execution across the portfolio of instruments in collaboration with colleagues in software and services.
- Work closely with core teams for program development: R&D, product management, sales, finance, operations
- Pipeline analysis: characterization and understand the sales pipeline and how it will impact the near term business performance
- Work with Product Management / R&D to develop an effective product portfolio and to identify, communicate and incorporate new product enhancements.
- Work closely with commercial team to effectively map the partner/competitive landscape and develop winning strategies
- Detailed analysis of the Strengths and Weaknesses of the major competitors in the relevant program together with an analysis of the Opportunities and Threats relative to PerkinElmer’s position
- Degree (graduate preferred) in a scientific discipline, with MBA a plus
- 2+ years of product management and/or marketing experience with technical, high value products
- Substantial expertise in scientific technologies
- Deep experience in Chromatography, especially portable GCMS
- Experience with Microsoft Office, especially PowerPoint and Excel, including comfort in presenting technical and business content to large and small audiences
- Ability to analyzethe financial performance of a complex global business
- Ability to influence across a global, cross-functional organization.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization and key external partners and customers.
- Ability to travel internationally (~25%)