Associate Procurement / Supply Chain Specialist (Entry - Mid Level) - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Are you looking for a challenge within a dynamic global organisation or a German family business? At B. Braun you can find both. For more than 175 years and counting, B. Braun is amongst the world's top healthcare companies operating in 64 countries, with over 55,000 experts networking their knowledge every day. You can thrive in this strong culture of continuous exchange. Become a part of the B. Braun family and share your expertise. Together we improve healthcare.
U.S. Facilities and Operations:
Supporting product sales are a network of nationwide marketing and manufacturing locations. Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, is home to the U.S. Corporate Headquarters along with the marketing offices of the Hospital, Outpatient Markets (OPM), Renal Therapies, Vascular Interventional, International, and OEM Divisions. Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc.(CAPS®) is also managed from this location. The nearby Allentown, Pennsylvania, facility manufactures Needle-free products, IV Safety Catheters, Anesthesia Systems, Introducers, Pharmacy Admixture products. Vascular products including Right Heart Catheters and Interventional Accessories are also manufactured in Allentown. The Irvine, California facility produces IV Solutions, Basic and Specialty Nutrition, Drug Delivery, and BTC products. Infusion Pump Systems are manufactured in Carrollton, Texas and IV administration and IV and Irrigation sets are produced in the Dominican Republic.
- Position Summary:
- Entry level strategic procurement position focused on source to contract for Direct or Indirect materials and services, leveraging spend across plant locations and globally where applicable. Responsible for driving value through the implementation of procurement strategies which optimize supplier relationships, reduce total costs, and ensure consistent supply of quality goods and services while mitigating risk.
- Essential Duties
- Analyze Spend categories and current contracts, develop spend baseline by category
- Identify, analyze, and recommend opportunities to leverage domestic and global Spend, implement strategies to capitalize on these opportunities
- Engage with key stakeholders to analyze spend details and cost drivers, recommend strategies to optimize cost
- Manage the RFX process as part of the source selection process. Recommend suppliers for qualification based on evaluation of suppliers overall capabilities and company status
- Support contract development, negotiation, implementation and compliance as needed
- Coordinate activities with suppliers and internal departments to facilitate supplier evaluation and qualification process
- Analyze, identify and implement cost savings and supply base rationalization opportunities
- Interface with Operational Procurement organizations as needed in support of supplier related activities
- Develop required documentation in support of strategic procurement processes and EBIT+ initiatives
- Report on performance KPIs and established Goals as required
- Utilize risk assessment tools to identify and implement risk mitigation strategies
- Identify and implement systems and process improvements to drive efficiencies and reduce cost in standard processes utilized within the department
- Evaluate and implement Small Business opportunities as applicable
- Knowledge & Skills
- Negotiating skills
- Quality standards in GMP, FDA, ISO regulated environment
- Data analytics
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Well organized, detail orientated
- Deadline driven
- Professional when engaging with internal and external customers
- Self motivated and committed to providing exceptional results
- Work well unsupervised
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Progressive and innovative approach to problem solving
- Bachelors degree in applicable field (Supply Chain or Engineering) or equivalent
- Strong analytical skills
- Microsoft Office Applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Business travel as required, estimate 5%
- All other duties and requirements as assigned
- Financial experience / knowledge
- SAP or similar ERP software experience
- Certifications such as CPIM, CSCP, and CPP
- Operational Excellence including Lean and Six Sigma
- Language, especially German and Spanish, a plus
- Medical Device or Pharmaceutical manufacturing experience
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities /Women/ Veterans/Disabled
- Through its “Sharing Expertise®” initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.
What we offer
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.