Associate Principal Scientist, Pharmacology Job - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The Screening and Compound Profiling department is seeking an experienced and driven scientist with a strong background and relevant expertise in the discovery and characterization of small molecule modulators/target interactions. The candidate should have hands on experience in assay development and troubleshooting in quantitative biochemistry, enzymology and protein-ligand interactions.
- Conceptualize, design and develop biochemical and biophysical assays for high throughput screening and follow up characterization of hit classes of interest. The characterization should shed light on the mechanism of compound action on the target to enable medicinal chemistry design for lead identification and optimization.
- Manage a portfolio of programs, create and implement hit finding plans and coordinate workflows and logistics within and across departments to meet project goals and milestones.
- Champion new technologies and capabilities within the Biophysics group and provide coaching and leadership from the laboratory.
- Participate in multidisciplinary teams and facilitate collaborations internally and externally.
- A Ph.D. degree in Biochemistry, Biophysics, Biology or related disciplines
- 3 years of relevant postdoctoral/industry experience, biophysics expertise
- In depth knowledge of biophysics with experience in SPR technology and its application in mechanism of action studies are essential.
- Strong communication and collaborative skills with an ability to influence and impact at a strategic level
- Demonstrated solid track record of scientific achievements and scientific mentoring/management experience
- Hands on experience in enzyme assay development and biophysical capabilities (calorimetry (DSC, ITC), thermal shift assay, circular dichroism (CD), fluorescence based techniques (FP, FRET) and light scattering and/or NMR spectroscopy
- Experience with high throughput compound screening formats, laboratory automation, and data analyses and management
- Some knowledge of fragment screening and drug discovery
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Pharmacology - DPS
Job Title:Assoc Prin. Scientist, Pharmacology
Primary Location: NA-US-NJ-Kenilworth
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Hazardous Materials: Biohazard
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: New York City
Nearest Secondary Market: Newark
Job Segment: Chemistry, Biochemistry, Scientific, Pharmacology, Scientist, Science, Engineering, Healthcare