This job is currently Archived,
Associate Principal Scientist - Switzerland
Debio Pharm (company)
Posted on : 26 April 2017
- Our company is a Swiss-headquartered global biopharmaceutical group including five companies active in the life science areas of drug development, GMP manufacturing of proprietary drugs, diagnostic tools and investment management.
- Our company is focused on the development of prescription drugs that target unmet medical needs.
- The company in-licenses and develops promising drug candidates.
- The products are commercialized by pharmaceutical out-licensing partners to give access to the largest number of patients worldwide.
Your main responsibilities
- Plan, implement, develop and optimize the manufacturing processes for active substances derived from biotechnology
- Lead the biotech clinical active substances activities of our company within project-dedicated CMC teams or early biotech developments
- CMC Project Leader and member of the corresponding Project Team
- Select the subcontractors, negotiate the offers and / or contracts
- Subcontract the planning and monitoring of the manufacture of GMP batches of biotechnology active substances for pre-clinical and clinical trials
- Define biotech active substance technical and regulatory strategies
- Lead or participate to the CMC evaluation (quality, costs and timelines) of potential new biotech project opportunities, including on site Due Diligences, for potential in-licensing.
- Scientific Degree in a biological science or equivalent
- Minimum 10 years of experience in biopharmaceutical products manufacturing and process development (mammalian cells), in various stages of project development
- Experience in manufacturing of monoclonal antibodies
- Comprehensive understanding of all aspects of CMC
- Experience in Project Management in a Bio-Pharmaceutic environment
- Strong communication and organizational skill
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and multitasking in a fast-paced, matrixed environment
- Excellent written and spoken English and French
- Proficiency with MS-Project Office tools.
We can offer you
An international and highly dynamic environment.
- The opportunity to join a successful company, at the forefront of the most advanced scientific developments in the industry.
- The possibility to be in a company in which innovation, people and entrepreneurship are the fundamentals of its success.