Associate Principal Scientist, Affinity Selection Mass Spectrometry & High Throughput Job Kenilworth United States,
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
Chemistry Capabilities & Screening (CC&S) is seeking a highly skilled scientist to fill the position of Associate Principal Scientist and join our team of experienced and accomplished colleagues. Situated in the Affinity Selection Mass Spectrometry & High Throughput Experimentation group within Screening & Compound Profiling (S&CP), the individual will have responsibilities, including:
- Conception, Development & Implementation of LC/MS-based assays to screen protein targets by Affinity Selection Mass Spectrometry (AS/MS), as part of multi-dimensional, integrated screening campaigns.
- Active participation in the cross-functional, end-to-end build and alignment of High Throughput Experimentation capabilities to support nano-scale chemistry & increase the quality of drug candidates/speed of discovery.
- Driving collaborations with membrane-protein production groups to generate & characterize reagents amenable to AS/MS, and potentially, other affinity-driven screening approaches.
- Excellent individual skills in data-interpretation & problem solving combined with the ability to collaborate in an integrated, multi-disciplinary environment, contributing to scientific supervision, skill development and mentoring of colleagues.
- Act as liaison on projects between research sites (NJ, PA, MA and CA), including travel up to 10% of time.
- Maintain a strong, external scientific reputation for the S&CP department through publications & presentations.
- Please note that this position is laboratory-based.
- Ph.D degree in Analytical/Medicinal Chemistry, Biochemistry, Pharmacology or other relevant field.
- At least 5 years of hands-on experience practicing LC/MS in a relevant industrial field.
- Strong external record of scientific achievement (via publications, presentations etc).
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated expertise in affinity selection mass spectrometry of soluble & membrane-protein targets.
- Broad experience in the application of biochemical, biophysical & cell-based techniques to assess the pharmacology of Discovery targets.
- Engineering, expressing & purifying soluble proteins using classical techniques is advantageous-experience with the production & characterization of membrane proteins (e.g. GPCR s) would be a significant advantage.
Our employees are the key to our company s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job Title:Assoc Prin. Scientist, Chemistry
Primary Location: NA-US-NJ-Kenilworth
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): N/A
Hazardous Materials: Laboratory materials
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: New York City
Nearest Secondary Market: Newark
Job Segment: Chemistry, Biochemistry, Scientific, Engineer, Scientist, Science, Engineering
Find a Job Find Candidates