Associate Medical Director - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
The Associate Medical Director is responsible for supporting brand priorities and tactics, including initiating and maintaining relationships with thought leaders (in collaboration with Medical Science Liaison, MSLs), initiation of research projects within priority areas in support of clinical and scientific strategy, and presentation of key scientific results.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and manage a thought leader network (with the MSLs) to support the successful execution of Medical Affairs tactics.
- Develop and support short- and long-term goals of Medical Affairs with respect to prioritization of research interests and prioritization of desired collaborations with specific investigators and institutions.
- Participate in the Clinical Trials Review Committee review process, protocol review and revision, and facilitate the development of an approved clinical trial protocol and the associated contractual documents.
- Facilitate communications between our company and the Study Investigators, and oversee the publication of the clinical trial results both at scientific meetings and in peer reviewed journals.
- These responsibilities will require him/her to interact with other departments including commercial, clinical, safety, legal and regulatory.
- Represent our company Idec at various scientific meetings.
- This position reports to the Therapeutic Area Head, Neurology US Medical Affairs. Frequent travel (approximately 50%) is anticipated.
- Minimum of 3 years of combined pharmaceutical industry and academic/clinical medicine expertise is required.
- Ability to understand and effectively communicate scientific medical and regulatory information. Excellent written and oral communication skills are imperative.
- Ability to anticipate and adapt to change while maintaining the momentum of an overall strategic plan, ability to work independently, to complete tasks in a timely fashion, and function in a rapid paced, high pressure environment.
- Strong background in ethical evaluation of clinical research projects, and proven ability to conduct medical and scientific analysis and decision-making.
- Ability to communicate well with health care professionals.
- Ability to establish strong relationships with peer groups, professional organizations, and other outside parties to further departmental and corporate objectives & goals. Experience with Neurology Key Opinion Leaders is preferred.
- MD or PhD
- US Board certified or Board eligible in Neurology, active medical license in the US, Fellowship trained, or equivalent qualification is preferred
- Through cutting-edge science and medicine, our company discovers, develops and delivers worldwide innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases.
- Our company is a pioneer in biotechnology and today the Company has the leading portfolio of medicines to treat multiple sclerosis (MS), has introduced the first and only approved treatment for spinal muscular atrophy, and is at the forefront of neurology research for conditions including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS).
- Our company also manufactures and commercializes biosimilars of advanced biologics.
- Our global organization of nearly 7,000 employees is committed to a single mission: making a meaningful difference in the lives of patients with few or no treatment options.
- Our company was founded in 1978 and today serves patients in nearly 70 countries.
- We aspire to have the greatest impact on patients and science of any biotechnology company in the history of our industry.
- To us, that means creating novel medicines that benefit individuals and society, and bringing new scientific understanding to diseases for which there are no adequate treatments.
- For nearly two decades our company has led in the research and development of new therapies to treat MS, including the most prescribed oral treatment in the world.
- Now our research is driving revolutionary new MS treatments with the goal of reversing or even repairing damage caused by the disease.
- We are now applying our neurological expertise to solve some of most challenging and complex diseases of the brain, including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, and ALS.
- As we uncover new insights into human biology, our company is employing cutting-edge technologies to discover potential treatments for rare and genetic disorders.
- Our company is revolutionizing biologic manufacturing, developing the industry’s most advanced plants and processes.
- This expertise is used to produce both original innovative therapies and bio similar that expand patient access to lower-cost medicines.
Our Corporate Citizenship
- The same intellectual discipline and passion that drives our science is reflected in our corporate citizenship, environmental sustainability, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- As a company, we are focused on improving science education and limiting the impact of our company on the environment.
Job Segment: Biotech, Manager, Pharmaceutical, Scientific, Science, Management, Research, Engineering