Associate Medical Director, Global Medical Multiple Sclerosis - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- As a key member of the Global Medical Multiple Sclerosis product team within the Global Medical Neurology function, the Associate Medical Director is responsible for supporting the development and implementation of global medical strategy for the product.
- A summary of specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as the lead Global Medical contact for one or more of the key functions (e.g. Clinical Development, Commercial, or Market Access).
- Lead specific data generation projects to address identified medical data gaps.
- Serve as the Study Director and a core member of the study team for 1-2 Global Medical studies.
- Provide medical expertise to cross-functional teams. As a content expert, review abstracts, publications, medical information letters, and other medical documents as needed.
- Lead content development for advisory board meetings and other Global Medical initiatives.
- Present data at Global Medical advisory board meetings and medical trainings.
- Represent Global Medical at other cross-functional meetings as needed.
- Collaborate with regional and/or affiliate medical to ensure regional activities are aligned with global medical strategy and that Global Medical is sufficiently aware of affiliate and regional insights and needs.
- Effectively interacts and collaborates at multiple levels in the organization, including effective cross-functional interface with Regional and Affiliate Medical, R&D, Commercial, and Program Leadership.
- Pharmaceutical industry experience required (5 years minimum). Relevant experience in Medical Affairs strongly desired.
- Experience with neurology is a plus.
- Ability to effectively operate in a highly matrixed organization.
- Strong interpersonal skills and project management skills.
- Ability to take initiative and solve complex and challenging problems.
- Excellent communication (particularly both written and oral), leadership, and presentation skills.
MD, PhD, or other advanced degree in the life sciences.
- Through cutting-edge science and medicine, our company discovers, develops and delivers worldwide innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases.
- Our company is a pioneer in biotechnology and today the Company has the leading portfolio of medicines to treat multiple sclerosis (MS), has introduced the first and only approved treatment for spinal muscular atrophy, and is at the forefront of neurology research for conditions including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS).
- Our company also manufactures and commercializes biosimilars of advanced biologics.
- Our global organization of nearly 7,000 employees is committed to a single mission: making a meaningful difference in the lives of patients with few or no treatment options.
- Our company was founded in 1978 and today serves patients in nearly 70 countries.
- We aspire to have the greatest impact on patients and science of any biotechnology company in the history of our industry.
- To us, that means creating novel medicines that benefit individuals and society, and bringing new scientific understanding to diseases for which there are no adequate treatments.
- For nearly two decades our company has led in the research and development of new therapies to treat MS, including the most prescribed oral treatment in the world.
- Now our research is driving revolutionary new MS treatments with the goal of reversing or even repairing damage caused by the disease.
- We are now applying our neurological expertise to solve some of most challenging and complex diseases of the brain, including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, and ALS.
- As we uncover new insights into human biology, our company is employing cutting-edge technologies to discover potential treatments for rare and genetic disorders.
- Our company is revolutionizing biologic manufacturing, developing the industry’s most advanced plants and processes.
- This expertise is used to produce both original innovative therapies and bio similar that expand patient access to lower-cost medicines.
Our Corporate Citizenship
- The same intellectual discipline and passion that drives our science is reflected in our corporate citizenship, environmental sustainability, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- As a company, we are focused on improving science education and limiting the impact of our company on the environment.
Job Segment: Manager, Biotech, Pharmaceutical, Scientific, Management, Science, Research, Engineering