Associate Manager - Forecasting and Planning - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Based on assessment of market trends and expected future events, this individual is responsible for delivering holistic, insight-driven volume forecasts for current and future company products.
- Communicates realistic demand expectations in a clear, concise, transparent manner to all levels of the organization.
- Sets direction and drives continuous improvement of forecasting methodologies, tools, and core deliverables.
- Influences the development of brand strategic and tactical priorities through the planning process and ad-hoc analyses.
- Reports to Associate Director, Diabetes & Obesity Forecasting
- Contributing member of the NNI Finance & Supply Chain department
- Day to day interaction and collaboration with many areas of the business, including Financial Planning & Analysis, Brand Marketing, Market Access, Strategic Pricing, Product Supply, Operations Finance, Global Forecasting & Insights, and multiple teams within Commercial Effectiveness
- Ensures alignment with above stakeholders on market trends, forecast assumptions, and how those trends and assumptions translate into future volume-related brand targets and expectations
- Develops, analyzes and effectively works with current and new forecasting tools, models, and approaches that inform the demand outlook for our company brands.
- In collaboration with the rest of the Forecasting team as well as Financial Planning and Analysis and Strategic Pricing, develops and communicates the NNI AB (anchor budget) and RE (rolling estimate) forecasts.
- Provides evidence-based, strategic guidance to brand and senior management* Offers insight-driven consultation to all levels of internal stakeholders.
- Works closely with marketing research team, managed market team to provide in-depth analysis, insights, and strategic business recommendations.Understands and challenges alternative forecasts, including those developed by Global Insights & Forecasting, or by consulting vendors.
- Partners with new product planning teams on assumptions for pipeline products
- Develops innovative solutions to complex, unstructured problems.Executes delegated ad hoc projects, and ensures such projects are completed on schedule, within budget, per direction, and are internally consistent with group deliverable quality.
- Examples of such ad-hoc projects may include evaluation of product label changes, new competitive threats, impact of marketing mix or sales forces changes, new product launches or discontinuations, etc.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, & SKILLS:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution is required; a degree in an analytical field (e.g. economics, business, finance, engineering, econometrics, or statistics) is preferred; a Master's degree in analytical field (and/or MBA and/or CPA) preferred
- 4+ years of analytics, financial, forecasting, or consulting experience, demonstrating a steady career progression with increasing roles of responsibility, is required
- Understanding of IMS data, including its scope, uses, and limitations, is preferred
- Demonstrated analytical skills with MS Excel and presentation/communication skills with MS PowerPoint is required
- Must be able to form an opinion independently and rationalize/explain/justify that opinion in a clear, concise, fact-based manner
- Understanding of channel- and payer-level profitability preferred
- Must have the ability to effectively communicate insights to senior management teams, synthesize complex information, make it relevant, understandable and actionable for internal stakeholders
- Must have the ability to effectively plan, prioritize and follow through in a timely manner as well as anticipate potential roadblocks
- Must have persuasive and credible communication and interpersonal skills, demonstrated capability to partner with cross functional colleagues
- Must have strong stakeholder management skills and ability to influence senior stakeholders
- Must have a strong ability to understand and define stakeholder information needs and translate these needs into clear actions
- Must have strong ability to condense complicated data into clear, concise messages
- Strong analytical, problem solving and quantitative analysis skills required
- Strong collaborative and customer service skills required
- Continuous improvement mind set required; desire and ability to identify better ways of accomplishing tasks and working with others