This job is currently Archived,
Associate Manager, Corporate Communications San Rafael United States,
Posted on : 24 June 2017
- Our company is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children.
- These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options.
- Our company will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
- By providing a foundation for all operations company wide, our company s General and Administrative teams support our mission of providing first and best in class therapeutics to patients who live with rare diseases.
- Our teams include groups such as finance, legal, human resources, corporate compliance and ethics, and information technology.
- Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients lives.
- The Associate Manager of Corporate Communications will work closely with the Vice President, Corporate Communications to help tell the company story.
- This position provides an excellent opportunity for someone to gain meaningful in-house experience working for a biotech that makes medicine for people with rare genetic diseases, who are mostly children.
- The associate manager will work with patients, scientists and physicians to share the company story across a variety of communication channels.
- This role requires superior project management skills for both PR projects and projects to organize the processes of the department.
- Project management support various projects to make sure that materials are completed and deadlines met
- Oversee corporate website updates on regular basis and as needed for news events
- Manage digital asset library, including photos, video and infographics
- Community relations, including overseeing the execution of community outreach plan
- Work with PR agency to execute social media calendar
- Manage corporate communications email box and be the first point or entry for external unsolicited PR requests
- Write articles for intranet site and manage home page content
- Event planning an execution for internal and external events
- Coordinating and managing logistics for media interactions
- Tracking, collating, and maintaining inventory of corporate communications materials.
- Develop and manage PR metrics dashboard and broader PR recap reports
- BA or defined education in marketing, PR, communications, journalism
- 2-4 years public relations experience, preferably with healthcare, pharma, biotech or B2B
- Healthcare agency or in-house corporate communications experience
- Possesses strong writing skills
- Good communication skills
- Knowledge and experience using the AP Writing Style
- Ability to work on various assignments simultaneously
- Ability to communicate tactfully, verbally and in writing with department heads, managers, coworkers and vendors to resolve problems and negotiate resolutions
Knowledge, Skills, Ability
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, computer, and technical skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be detail oriented.
- Flexible and very adaptable to change
- Must have excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects in a fast-paced environment
- Comfortable with logistics and coordination activities associated with providing support to C-suite executives
- Commitment to delivering strong results: a passion for quality and a creative problem solver.
- Someone who strongly believes in accountability. A task-oriented self-starter who stays calm under pressure and proactively takes on big ideas and projects.
- Hands-on: Someone humble enough to tackle mundane tasks some days and then drive high-level confidential projects the next.
- Someone who is hungry to learn and take on more responsibility as the company grows.
- Collaborative with strong interpersonal and communication skills: One who works well with cross-functional teams, and can listen while still sharing a strong point of view; positive attitude, desire to learn and ability to work in a team environment.
- Ethics and values: Must be someone who embraces our corporate culture and core values.
- His/her approach to business must reflect honesty, integrity and ethics in all situations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
San Rafael California
Find a Job Find Candidates