Associate Manager, Corporate Communications - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Our company is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children.
- These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options.
- Our company will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
- By providing a foundation for all operations company wide, our company’s General and Administrative teams support our mission of providing first and best in class therapeutics to patients who live with rare diseases.
- Our teams include groups such as finance, legal, human resources, corporate compliance and ethics, and information technology.
- Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
- The Associate Manager of Corporate Communications will work closely with the Vice President, Corporate Communications to help tell the company story.
- This position provides an excellent opportunity for someone to gain meaningful in-house experience working for a biotech that makes medicine for people with rare genetic diseases, who are mostly children.
- The associate manager will work with patients, scientists and physicians to share the company story across a variety of communication channels.
- This role requires superior project management skills for both PR projects and projects to organize the processes of the department.
- Project management—support various projects to make sure that materials are completed and deadlines met
- Oversee corporate website updates on regular basis and as needed for news events
- Manage digital asset library, including photos, video and infographics
- Community relations, including overseeing the execution of community outreach plan
- Work with PR agency to execute social media calendar
- Manage corporate communications email box and be the first point or entry for external unsolicited PR requests
- Write articles for intranet site and manage home page content
- Event planning an execution for internal and external events
- Coordinating and managing logistics for media interactions
- Tracking, collating, and maintaining inventory of corporate communications materials.
- Develop and manage PR metrics dashboard and broader PR recap reports
- BA or defined education in marketing, PR, communications, journalism
- 2-4 years public relations experience, preferably with healthcare, pharma, biotech or B2B
- Healthcare agency or in-house corporate communications experience
- Possesses strong writing skills
- Good communication skills
- Knowledge and experience using the AP Writing Style
- Ability to work on various assignments simultaneously
- Ability to communicate tactfully, verbally and in writing with department heads, managers, coworkers and vendors to resolve problems and negotiate resolutions
Knowledge, Skills, Ability
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, computer, and technical skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be detail oriented.
- Flexible and very adaptable to change
- Must have excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects in a fast-paced environment
- Comfortable with logistics and coordination activities associated with providing support to C-suite executives
- Commitment to delivering strong results: a passion for quality and a creative problem solver.
- Someone who strongly believes in accountability. A task-oriented self-starter who stays calm under pressure and proactively takes on big ideas and projects.
- Hands-on: Someone humble enough to tackle mundane tasks some days and then drive high-level confidential projects the next.
- Someone who is hungry to learn and take on more responsibility as the company grows.
- Collaborative with strong interpersonal and communication skills: One who works well with cross-functional teams, and can listen while still sharing a strong point of view; positive attitude, desire to learn and ability to work in a team environment.
- Ethics and values: Must be someone who embraces our corporate culture and core values.
- His/her approach to business must reflect honesty, integrity and ethics in all situations.