- Degree preferably in congress and event management or related field, or equivalent combination of education.
- Work-related experience required Min. of 5/8 years’ experience in the Pharmaceutical Industry and experience in Congress Management
The primary responsibilities of this position are:
- Organizing the participation of our company and its staff and health care professionals (HCPs) to global and international medical congresses, as well as stand-alone medical educational events, while respecting and complying to European and country regulations.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Responsible for the execution of company's Europe’s congresses and additional meetings, as needed.
- Running cross functional task forces, keeping stakeholders on target with milestones, with the aim of successful implementation of the congress project plan for multiple congresses and events
- Presenting relevant logistical plans and ensuring up to date information is available to the overall congress project team
- Support the supervisor in maintaining strong relationship with outside vendors to ensure high-quality service and timeliness.
- Responsible for delivering budget and back-charges within the agreed assigned budget and in due time to the interested parties.
- Liaise with other departments to gather feedback on materials and obtain approvals (i.e. Booth)
- Optimization of booth space, design and build within the allocated budget and timelines.
- Coordinate and ensure optimal booth staffing.
- Scheduling and development of training of the exhibit staff at congresses
- Coordinate Business center build (from conception to completion), staffing requirements and staff briefing
- Ensure the Company is fully compliant with Global, European and Local Country Codes of Conduct and that Congress materials are fully compliant by establishing close working relationships with appropriate internal and external resources, seeking appropriate counsel as required and when necessary.
- Support the supervisor with ad hoc projects
- Support the supervisor in the coaching and supervision of newer team members.
- Understanding of the financial aspects of congress/event management and capable of building and controlling event budgets
- Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Service & customer-oriented attitude towards the event team, internal and external customers.
- Excellent leadership and project management skills including a strong ability to multi-task and set/handle multiple deadlines and priorities without losing attention to detail.
- A result-oriented mindset and ability to deliver in volatile surroundings and with tight deadlines
- Ability to travel frequently (weekend travel is required, up to 40% international travel)
- Experience of on boarding, and managing third party vendors
- Ability to influence and impact others within and/or across cross-functional teams in a tactful and well thought out manner through superior analysis and reasoned solutions with supporting evidence and logic.
- You take initiative to identify and implement innovate solutions and you are a strong team player.
- Ability to balance conflicting priorities and to manage change in a positive light.