Associate Investigator - Research Associate - United States
The Research Associate will be a key member of the Elite Maize Production Transformation group in the Crop Genome Engineering department and will carry out maize production transformation experiments to produce transgenic or genome editing maize events to support trait discovery and product development programs.
- Sterilizing maize ears, isolating embryos, performing transformation via gene gun- or Agrobacterium-mediated process, selecting and sub-culturing tissues to produce high quality transgenic or genome editing plants.
- Contribute to designed experiments for testing new ideas and technologies aimed at improving transformation process efficiency and quality transgenic or genome editing events.
- Maintain accurate electronic and legal notebook records for all research work, summarize results, note areas for improvement, execute all lab work in accordance with ISO9000, BIO-ETS, safety and ergonomic standards, and effectively organizes daily workflow to meet specified timelines.
- Bachelor Degree in Biology, Genetics, Molecular Biology or related field
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal and group communication skills. A can-do, positive attitude is an absolute must!
- Demonstrated experience with plant tissue culture and transformation is preferred but not required
- Strong computer skills with experience using MS office products, ability of using database for tracking experimental information
- Must understand and have demonstrated skills to work as a member of dynamic cross-functional team
- Ability to multi-task and work well with a diverse group of individuals is critical.