- Our company is a global research-based company that develops and delivers product and services to enhance animal health and production.
- We value innovation, both in scientific research and daily operations, and strive to cultivate a collaborative work environment for more than 7,000 employees worldwide.
This position is responsible for providing Human Resources Generalist knowledge supporting specific HR functions within the Fort Dodge, Iowa facilities.
Specifically, this position will be responsible for aspects of HR to include timekeeping and payroll, Performance Management, Headcount Planning, Compensation, Benefits Administration, Training and Development, Labor Relations and Employee Relations and while working with various organization needs to be managed both tactically in its execution and strategic in its development.
- Manages time keeping and attendance discipline responsibilities for applicable site employees. Duties may include entering of time, training managers on system requirements, coordination of time keeping reports and schedules to corporate payroll, monitoring implementation of policies concerning wages, hours, and working conditions, to ensure compliance with terms of labor contract.
- Partner with the HR Business Partner to develop workforce analysis by leveraging analytics, data & reports related to turnover, Talent Acquisition and Talent Management, Performance Management etc.
- Responsible for the coordination of all employee life cycle management activities and transactions including changes in position, reporting, promotions, shift changes and terminations. Responsible for generating and collecting all required letters and documentation to support changes.
- Support Union matters including arbitration and grievances. Arranges and schedules meetings between grieving workers, supervisory and managerial personnel, and Business Representative, to investigate and resolve grievances or participate in arbitration. Maintain records associated with said activities.
- Prepares statistical reports, using records of actions taken concerning grievances, arbitration and mediation cases, and related labor relations activities, to identify problem areas
- Coordinates planning, scheduling, and logistics for various HR activities to include New Employee Orientation, Interviews, Site training, Cross Calibration, Site meetings and any other site or department events.
- Bachelors Degree Business, HR Management or similar discipline required.
- 4 years Human Resources experience and PHR certification preferred.
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States.
- Our company does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position.
- The position requires the individual to be able to multi task. Develops and manages interpersonal relationships to influence decisions of leaders within the company. Main focus will the local site, however, there is interaction with other sites both in the USA and internationally.
- Decisions and recommendations have a significant long-term impact on the division, subsidiary, or corporation and affect the financial, employee or public relations position of the company.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and manage a complex network of key stakeholders to facilitate decision making, ensure alignment, appropriate outcomes, and minimize resistance.
- Demonstrated ability to influence, communicate & build trusting relationships / partnerships at all levels, and to link business objectives with HR activities. Demonstrated ability to actively engage in conversations, providing solutions and working to find 'win/win' outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to take risks, stand up in the face of challenges to defend, promote or offer another point of view.
- Demonstrated analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- No leadership experience required. Shared impact on departmental expense budget.
- Significant exposure to and dialogue with colleagues within the company.
Physical Demands / Surroundings:
- Must be willing to travel between sites as needed to meet business expectations.
- Lifting, pushing and pulling and/or carrying <25 pounds occasionally
- Constant periods sitting
- Frequent standing, walking or climbing stairs.
- Crouching/squatting, bending/stooping, twisting, above the shoulder or low level work, fine finger dexterity/ including grasping required occasionally
- Writing and typing constantly
- Occasional periods of use of Personal Protective Equipment.
- May require occasional work in low or high temperatures.
- Visual / Hearing Demands: Color vision required.
- May require extended hours at a computer screen.
- Must be able to read electronic documents of all types. Hearing acuity required.