Associate General Counsel - United Kingdom
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- working in close collaboration with New Meds leadership and other research personnel to provide pro-active legal advice and strategic guidance on existing contractual rights and obligations, negotiating and drafting of transaction agreements, advising on R&D collaboration structures, and providing input on the design and implementation of strategic research alliances.
- Additionally, the Associate General Counsel may be called upon to provide (or secure) general legal advice or opinions on a wide variety of issues related to strategic research transactions, rights to intellectual property, commercial strategies, competition law, third-party licenses, competing interests or potential conflicts of interest, liability and indemnities, and financial terms.
- The AGC will act as the lead transactional attorney on projects, and will work in cross-functional teams with attorneys from the Intellectual Property Department, and with colleagues from New Meds, Business Development, Finance and other departments.
- a licensed attorney/qualified solicitor in a corporate department and/or law firm with a focus on life sciences, with substantial emphasis on negotiating and drafting of transaction agreements, including establishing research and development contracts, licensing, research collaborations and support of research and development activities.
- Exceptional legal skills with matters pertaining to research and development transactions in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry.
- Superior cross-collaboration skills/team orientation. Ability to interact easily with all levels within the organization.
- Strong communication skills, including excellent oral and written skills, the ability to clearly translate complex legal and business concepts into lay terms, and to effectively identify risks and other legal considerations which affect business opportunities.
- Strong constructive influencing skills; leads by example; serves as a role model and is able to motivate and inspire others.
- Scientific and/or technical knowledge related to the life sciences (ideally at the level of a university degree in one of the life sciences)
- Experience with licensing of intellectual property rights and management of IP issues in research collaborations.
- Specific experience with one or more of the following is also preferred: Technology platform licensing; genomics and translational medicine agreements; R&D agreements involving medical devices; applications of software and apps in the life sciences field
- Strategic thinker with strong business acumen.
- Creative and pragmatic approach to problem solving.
Job Segment: Biotech, Medical, General Counsel, Drafting, Pharmaceutical, Science, Healthcare, Legal, Engineering