Associate Director Vendor Project Manager Job - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
Under the guidance of Director, Global Clinical Supplies Quality, the Vendor Project Manager will be responsible for overall management, direction, coordination, implementation, execution and completion of Development Quality projects and maintenance of the vendor oversight toolkit. The Vendor Project Manager will progress high priority, multifaceted Development Quality projects inclusive of managing detailed timelines and deliverables across multiple parallel and intersecting workstreams with significant impact to the business.
The Vendor Project Manager responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage projects related to Development Quality programs that impact business processes, organizational operations, and/or resource management capabilities to support overall clinical supply chain operations and compliance.
- Lead the resolution of business practice, Quality and/ or compliance issues of broad scope and highest level of complexity.
- Leads Quality-related reviews, cross-functional process teams and or special projects serving as a subject matter expert.
- Plans and facilitates highest risk, and highly complex QA related assignments or quality system process reviews and/or investigations.
- Lead the planning and creation of a detailed project plan for highly complex projects with input from identified stakeholders
- Initiate and lead discussions to facilitate the refinement of the project scope, goals, and deliverables with senior leaders, stakeholders and team members
- Manage a full scale project plan with tasks through collaboration with functional representatives in internal and cross-divisional project teams
- Identify appropriate resources for each task through collaboration with functional representatives
- Facilitate project discussions to ensure progress and identify appropriate team actions and risks
- Ensure project tasks are completed and necessary action plans are executed on to ensure progress and manage risks
- Meets project objectives through management of scheduling conflicts, resource constraints, and financial forecasting
- Create and manage project artifacts during all phases of the project
- Proactively identify and resolve project issues through collaboration with the team and escalation to the Development Quality leadership team as appropriate
- Prepares a wide range of presentations, strategy documents and plans tailored to appropriate target audiences, including senior management levels.
- Develops and maintains the vendor oversight toolkit.
- The candidate may be required to travel to other Merck sites on a periodic basis.
Education Minimum Requirement:
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Biology, Chemistry or related field
Required Experience and Skills:
- Do you hold a Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 10+ years of relevant experience OR a Master's Degree and a minimum of eight (8) years knowledge and experience of application within the pharmaceutical industry in one or more project management methodologies and experience with associated toolsets (e.g. MS Project for project planning, MS Excel for data analysis and reporting)?
- Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt certified.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Project Management certification strongly preferred
- Ability to act independently and drive projects and other requests in a proactive, forward thinking manner
- Ability to possess a strategic view of project issues in a Quality Systems environment
- Experience in projects related to outsourcing of pharmaceutical operations to third parties
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and communicate across cultures, organizational levels and disciplines and track record in delivering tangible business benefits
- Capability to work effectively in matrix organizational structures
- Demonstrated flexibility in responding to changing priorities or dealing with unexpected events
- Strongly developed cross-functional teamwork, collaboration and negotiation skills
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Qual Assurce - 3rd Party Manuf
Job Title:Assoc. Dir, External Quality
Primary Location: NA-US-NJ-Rahway
Other Locations: NA-US-PA-West Point
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: New York City
Nearest Secondary Market: Newark
Job Segment: Project Manager, Manager, Engineer, Pharmaceutical, Supply Chain Manager, Technology, Management, Engineering, Science, Operations