Associate Director, US Regional Market Access United States,
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck’s Global Human Health (GHH) Division abides by a “patient first, profits later” ideology. Results-driven and ambitious, this team of individuals represents a functional balance between meeting company objectives and the needs of people around the world. The organization is comprised of sales and marketing professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing Merck's prescription medicines, vaccines, and other medical products to our customers worldwide.
This role will report to the Director, Oncology Market Access
The individual will work closely with agency partners, internal brand colleagues, promotions, internal communications, pricing, policy, legal, health economics outcomes research, and OCAR (Organized Customer Access and Reimbursement) teams to inform the strategies to support current indications and launch future monotherapies and combination.
This role will be responsible for supporting tactical execution and development of strategy,
as well as critical internal functions (OCAR, Marketing, Integrated Account Management Teams, CORE, Medical Affairs, etc.).
This role will focus on collaborating with brand marketing teams, agency partners and focus on customer segments (e.g. health plans, Medicare, Medicaid, federal, pharmacy, hospital, GPOs, etc.).
- Work closely with Merck internal functions (promotions management, communications, medical affairs, etc.), brand marketing, etc. and external agency partners to develop customer specific strategies and execute as appropriate to achieve access for patients and achieve growth.
- Develop comprehensive payer/ market access strategies and execute across relevant Merck teams, for current and future indications and must be aligned to the brand marketing objectives.
- Input into development and then execute on payer value propositions, pricing strategies, channel specific strategies and branded promotional initiatives.
- Main point responsible and accountable for resource support, on-going planning around messaging, and communications for field facing teams at Merck (e.g. Oncology Sales Teams, Key Accounts, etc.)
- Provide input from US perspective into Global Access Teams, new product planning teams, HEOR and business development opportunities as they emerge.
- Work cross-functionally within Merck, including OCAR, Market Research, policy team, Global Market Access, HEOR, compliance, legal, pricing and others to understand build a value proposition for collaboration oncology medicines that allow for access and reimbursement that is consistent with label.
- Understand impact of costs on patient including out of pocket (OOP) costs associated with mono and combo therapies, within both pharmacy and medical benefits.
Education Minimum Requirement:
- Required: BA/BS
Required Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of (5) years combined experience in Oncology, pharmaceutical marketing, payer marketing and/or market access related sales.
- Minimum of 2 years in payer marketing or equivalent
- Demonstrated experience with strategy development
- Demonstrated expertise in project management and working with market research
- Excellent leadership and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Awareness of medical, legal, and compliance process in pharmaceutical/ biotech industry
- Strong organizational skills
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Preferred: MBA
- Payer marketing or equivalent, with IV and oral experience, combo strong plus
- Joint venture, co-promote/co-development experience with corporate partner
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
Job: Regional Market Access ONC
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable):
Hazardous Materials: No
Company Trade Name: Merck
Find a Job Find Candidates