Associate Director, US Customer Contact Center Service and Solutions Job - United States
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The U.S. Customer Contact Center (US3C) is a department designed to drive, manage and implement remote two-way sales and service customer engagements. Within US3C is the Service and Solutions team that manages customer, consumer and employee service interactions across multiple communication channels such as digital, social, chat, phone and mail. This Service and Solutions Associate Director position is a critical role, which has primary responsibility for leading the strategy and execution of the customer service and care operations, capabilities, and customer experience of the National Service Center (NSC), Promotional Contact Center (PCC), and Field Service Center (FSC). This role ensures the strategy supports and aligns with the strategies of marketing, research, manufacturing, corporate and commercial operations.
- Collaboration with marketing, research, manufacturing, safety, quality and other internal stakeholders to strategically apply US3C capabilities, and plan and execute new strategies to support their business/customer objectives.
- Oversee the development and execution of marketing initiatives, customer/consumer/employee communications, operating procedures and, work flow processes for two-way customer interactions across multiple channels for all products, vaccines, divisions and company information and services.
- Ensures company and regulatory compliance requirements are achieved; which includes the review/approval process by medical /legal and the promotional review team (PRT)
- Leads the management of strategic partners to ensure execution excellence, effective training, standard operating procedures are maintained and followed, delivery of the desired customer experience, and achievement of key performance metrics.
- Provides overall leadership in the assessment, analysis and resolution of escalated customer issues, and continually enhances customer interactions to deliver the desired customer experience and achieve operational excellence.
- Oversees development, execution and compliance of full end to end processes, customer communications, and management of adverse events, product quality compliants, product feedback, legal, and privacy concerns.
- Partners with internal key stakeholders and IT to develop and implement new strategies and capabilities.
- Bachelors Degree (BA/BS)
- 5+ years in a pharmaceutical/vaccine headquarters or sales position
- Excellent communication; written, verbal & presentation skills
- Strong project management and problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and effective collaboration skills
- Customer centric focus
- Ability to optimize operations and champion change
- Ability to translate strategy into actionable process
- Detailed understanding of regulatory environment and compliance
- Strategic thinking and execution excellence
- Experience and success in cross-functional leadership and teamwork
- Experience working in a Pharmaceutical/Vaccine Customer Contact Center
- Internal organizational knowledge across the company
- Experience working with external vendors
- Promotional Review Experience
- Social Media Experience
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Marketing Communications/Channels
Job Title:Assoc. Dir, Marketing Comms/Channels
Primary Location: NA-US-PA-Upper Gwynedd
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Job Segment: Manager, Medical, Pharmaceutical, Pharmaceutical Sales, Law, Management, Healthcare, Sales, Science, Legal