Associate Director, U.S. Oncology Marketing – GI Cancers KOL/Science Lead Job - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
We are currently recruiting for an Associate Director, U.S. Oncology Marketing – Gastrointestinal (GI) Cancers KOL/Science Lead for KEYTRUDA (Pembrolizumab). KEYTRUDA is currently indicated for non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC), melanoma, classical Hodgkins Lymphoma and Head and Neck cancer but is being studied in multiple additional tumor types. This position on the GI cancers team would focus on various stages of launch indications in multiple GI cancers. The position will be based in Upper Gwynedd, PA and will report to the Director of Marketing – Melanoma and GI.
This position will require outstanding leadership in many areas including flawless execution, scientific leader engagement, advisory board planning, exhibit and conventions, and relationship building.
Key responsibilities include and are not limited to the following:
- Scientific Leader Engagement tracking and reporting
- Scientific Awareness Strategy and Campaign Development
- Medical Education Strategy
- Merck Medical Forum Content Development and Speaker training
- Advisory Board or Expert Input Forums
- U.S. Exhibits and Conventions
- Medical Agency Management
- Scientific Communications
- Scientific Strategy and Advocacy
- Provide input into marketing direction and strategic choices
- Required: BA/BS,
- Preferred: MBA or Healthcare Advanced degree eg PharmD or NP/PA
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry
- A minimum of 1 year of pharmaceutical marketing experience (can be satisfied by Healthcare Advanced degree or industry graduate program fellowships)
- Strong relationship building, problem solving, teamwork, analytical, and written/verbal communication skills
- Strength managing complexity and multiple competing priorities
- Proven project management experience
- Excellent communication skills to succinctly lead and prioritize efforts
- Experience influencing without direct authority and working successfully with cross-functional teams
- Requires up to 20% travel, including some weekends and occasional travel to Kenilworth, NJ.
- Healthcare Provider Promotion experience to include bringing materials through legal, regulatory, and clinical review
- Product/Indication Launch experience
- Oncology Marketing experience
- Oncology Scientific Leader relationships
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Product Management/Marketing ONC
Job Title:Assoc. Dir, Marketing
Primary Location: NA-US-PA-Upper Gwynedd
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Job Segment: Oncology, Medical, Biotech, Gastroenterology, Manager, Healthcare, Science, Management