Associate Director, Supply Chain – Supplier Management Job - Ireland
MSD is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where MSD has codified its 125-year legacy. MSD’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
MSD Manufacturing Division, MMD, is a team of dedicated, energetic individuals who are committed to being the most trusted supplier of pharmaceuticals and health products worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, comprise an interdependent global manufacturing network that’s committed to delivering a compliant, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time, across the globe.
The role of Associate Director, Supply Chain Management – Supplier Management includes responsibility for supplier management and inventory standards on site. Also responsible for implementing the network strategic plans and programs, and ensures delivery of the targeted goals and timelines. Reporting to the Supply Chain Director in MSD Carlow.
In addition, plays a key role in the development of policy and co-ordination of overall Supply Chain Management operations. Ensure that objectives are effectively achieved, consistent with Merck's requirements to ensure compliance, safety and reliable supply to our customers
Responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for Supplier forecasting and management and for the purchasing of direct materials on site using the system of technologies and processes that respond to the changing demand signals across a supply network.
- Responsible for Oversight of the Material Forecast and Supplier performance at MSD Ireland (Carlow), providing consolidated forecast to Global SDPM and Global procurement teams.
- Inventory management on site – ensuring that optimum stock levels are maintained to ensure robust supply and manufacturing capability.
- Working with Global Procurement, ensures Strategic supplier initiatives are implemented. Has sufficient knowledge of all Supply Chain planning process and supporting tools within the site to oversee the connections and consequences. Providing leadership on the use of SAP on site.
- Responsible for ensuring that the Carlow site is clearly aligned and engaged with the Global Procurement team and SRC process.
- Responsible for supporting Site Financial Planning activities with respect to purchasing of all direct materials and managing spend according to established budgets.
- Ensures INCO terms are accurately defined for Carlow suppliers.
- Ensures that objectives are effectively achieved and are consistent with MSD's requirements to ensure compliance, safety and reliable supply to our customers.
- Ensure communication and SCM integrated execution in support of collaborative work environment.
- Drive compliance with Merck Global Policies, Procedures and Guidelines, regulatory requirements and execute current Good manufacturing Practices (cGMP) in the performance of day to day activities and all applicable job functions.
Typical Minimum Education:
- Bachelor Degree or higher preferred; ideally in a Science, Engineering or Other Technical discipline
- SAP planning knowledge and experience is essential
- Use of the Pro-Model system is also essential
- Green Belt preferable
Considerable experience in a comparable role; would typically have experience leading a functional area and contributing to the business at a directional, strategic level; ideally in a manufacturing, preferably GMP setting
Your role at MSD is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At MSD, we’re inventing for life.
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at staffingaadar@MSD.com.
Job: Materials Planning/Scheduling
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Number of Openings:
Shift (if applicable):
Company Trade Name: MSD
Job Segment: Medical, Manager, Supply Chain, Engineer, Supply, Healthcare, Management, Operations, Engineering