Associate Director, Strategic Pricing - United States
|External Posting Title||Associate Director, Strategic Pricing|
|Job Description||The Associate Director, Strategic Pricing will report to the Sr. Director, Contracts & Pricing within Market Access & Reimbursement. This individual will be responsible for the price planning process, including situational analysis, primary and secondary pricing research, and the creation of a strategic pricing plan for both inline and near launch products within the U.S. This individual will also be responsible for developing Biogen’s Market Access contracting strategy, including analysis of customer trends, which inform access and pricing opportunities. Additionally, the Associate Director, Strategic Pricing will participate in portfolio and competitive analysis projects to support Biogen’s product line. This individual will be required to working cross-functionally on all activities to ensure organizational alignment.|
• Independently manage pricing projects from start to finish.
• Conduct situational analysis and payer/pricing research of U.S. pricing and reimbursement environment and synthesize relevant information to develop strategic list and net pricing and contracting plans for Biogen’s U.S. product portfolio.
• Research, compile, analyze and compare competitor data and pricing to Biogen’s inline and near launch products.
• Perform value and market analyses to develop annual WAC price change recommendations. Manage WAC price updates, report to listing databases and monitor competitive pricing activities.
• Assess effectiveness of current contracting activities, including ROI, and develop alternative strategies, including traditional and innovative contracting strategies, for near-term as well as long-term strategic planning.
• Present pricing and contracting strategy recommendations to senior leadership for approval.
• Support Distribution with strategy development for Biogen’s various products.
• Support multiple cross functional teams in organizing various projects.
|Location||Weston, MA, US|
|Job Category||Commercial Operations|
• At least 6-8 years prior experience in the biotechnology and/or pharmaceutical industry is required, preferably in market access.
• At least 2-3 years prior experience in pharmaceutical pricing and contract strategy development is required.
• Knowledge of standard research methodologies, financial analysis, data analysis techniques
• Knowledge of US government pricing dynamics (Medicaid, 340B, Medicare Parts B and D)
• Full understanding of Buy & Bill mechanics and discounting dynamics within Part B environment.
• Experience with online survey tools and syndicated data sources
• Excellent analytical, strategic thinking and critical thinking skills. Ability to interpret large amounts of data, detail oriented skills
• Must be highly motivated with strong interpersonal and communications skills
• Ability to develop and deliver clear, compelling presentations on complex pricing topics to senior-level executive audience
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and effectively prioritize to meet individual and team goals.
• Must be able to produce high quality, accurate work under time constraints.
• Ability to build and maintain strong cross-functional and cross-team ties to influence colleagues.
• Must have the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
• Must be proficient with Microsoft suite of products.
|About Biogen||Corporate Overview|
Through cutting-edge science and medicine, Biogen discovers, develops and delivers worldwide innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases. Biogen is a pioneer in biotechnology and today the Company has the leading portfolio of medicines to treat multiple sclerosis (MS), has introduced the first and only approved treatment for spinal muscular atrophy, and is at the forefront of neurology research for conditions including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS). Biogen also manufactures and commercializes biosimilars of advanced biologics. Our global organization of nearly 7,000 employees is committed to a single mission: making a meaningful difference in the lives of patients with few or no treatment options.
We aspire to have the greatest impact on patients and science of any biotechnology company in the history of our industry. To us, that means creating novel medicines that benefit individuals and society, and bringing new scientific understanding to diseases for which there are no adequate treatments.
The same intellectual discipline and passion that drives our science is reflected in our corporate citizenship, environmental sustainability, and commitment to diversity and inclusion. As a company, we are focused on improving science education and limiting the impact of our company on the environment. In 2015, we became a carbon neutral company and ranked first place on Newsweek’s 2015 Green Rankings, and we are an industry leader on the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Biogen was named to Science’s list of Top Employers of 2015 and in 2017 received a perfect score of 100 for the fourth consecutive year on the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Corporate Equality Index, which also named Biogen as one of its Best Places to Work.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, religion, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. Biogen is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.
Please be advised that all legitimate correspondence from a Biogen employee will come from "@biogen.com" email accounts.
Nearest Major Market: Boston
Job Segment: Biotech, Manager, Pricing, Pharmaceutical, Strategic Planning, Science, Operations, Management, Strategy