Associate Director - Strategic Alliances - India
- Responsible for supporting, leading and, executing business development and commercial activities which support overall company strategic and business objectives. Supports and/or leads internal and external Corporate, Research, Manufacturing, and Marketing evaluations in the areas of licensing, supply, distribution, co-marketing, acquisitions, divestitures, and restructuring business relationships. Represents Manufacturing Division as the primary/secondary liaison / alliance partner where Manufacturing Division acts as supplier or customer for pharmaceutical and vaccine products and/or services. Working within the terms and conditions of existing agreements, the incumbent is responsible to support and/or manage the alliance and establish and maintain effective business processes to assure high customer service levels, promote positive relations, and advance Manufacturing Division and company objectives.
- Executes or supports the execution of business development and commercial activities in the evaluation and implementation of licensing, supply, distribution, co-marketing, acquisition, divestiture, and re-structuring business relationships. Collaborates closely with Corporate, Research, Marketing, Business Development function as well as Manufacturing Division functional areas (e.g. Legal, Finance, External Manufacturing, Supply Chain Management, Quality, Science & Technology, and Manufacturing Operations). Ensures that all divisional and manufacturing issues are addressed and optimized to meet both short and long term business objectives over the course of an ongoing supply relationship.
- Defines, assesses, and presents business analyses for potential transactions requiring manufacturing input.
- Serves as the primary/secondary point of contact between Manufacturing Division and all internal company business areas to ensure appropriate manufacturing input is effectively incorporated into the potential transaction identifying risks, mitigation strategies, and value drivers. Additionally, brings visibility and preparedness to post contract execution impacts so that Manufacturing Division can be prepared to fulfill new responsibilities as a result of the transaction.
- Support the negotiation of supply and technical contracts that impact Manufacturing Division in addition to being a core team member to any transaction team that has a manufacturing/supply component. Analyses include resource requirements, supply, inventory, demand management, product costs, intellectual property, quality, capital needs, environmental, safety and industrial hygiene, inventory and production plan, compliance and financial's.
- Facilitates and manages manufacturing division external alliance relationships, as assigned, for alliance partners.
- Establishes and maintains strong ongoing business relationships to ensure effective communications.
- Establishes and supports business processes with alliance partners to assure the effective execution and management of activities between the companies.
- Applies lessons learned and leverages best practices across the assigned alliances.
- Oversees manufacturing division and Partner contractual obligations to assure conformance with the letter and spirit of commitments.
- With the support of manufacturing division Legal, negotiates addendums or side letters to existing agreements. Provides input into deal negotiations regarding supply and manufacturing aspects of new product licensing proposals.
- Ensures and facilitates the transition of assigned licensing arrangements to the appropriate manufacturing division functional support areas.
- Supports and/or leads supply related business forums and conducts ongoing communications with alliance partners to maintain effective working relations in an environment of mutual trust and the highest ethical conduct. Where appropriate, acts as intermediary on behalf of alliance partners within manufacturing division
- Provides support to successfully resolve conflicts and settle disputes. Supports the manufacturing division functional areas to resolve issues and identify opportunities.
- Completes other project activities as assigned and executes activities with minimal supervision.
- Complies with all organization policies, procedures, and guidelines in execution of job functions.
EDUCATION – Minimum requirements
Required: Bachelor's degree
Preferred: Graduate degree is desirable in Business, Supply Chain Management, Science, or Engineering related disciplines
Required Experience & Skills
- Minimum ten (10)+ years of experience with increasing responsibility in Manufacturing Operations, Supply Chain Management, Quality, Science and Technology, Global Procurement, Lean - Six Sigma and/or related business areas.
- Candidate must have knowledge of the manufacturing organization and possess excellent leadership, collaboration, and communication skills.
- Proven experience leading cross functional teams is essential. Previous third party commercial experience is strongly desired.
- Candidate must be accomplishment oriented (self-motivated and persistent), possess a "business owner" mentality, possess the ability to influence without authority, and demonstrate the ability to effectively operate in an ambiguous/changing environment
- The position requires sound understanding of manufacturing strategy and objectives, key company business processes and general understanding of financial and manufacturing process / issues.