Associate Director, Source to Settle Job - Malaysia
Merck Sharp & Dohme’s (MSD) Regional Delivery Centers (RDC), located across three regions (America, Europe, and Asia), are responsible for the timely and efficient delivery of standardized, global financial processes. The RDC – AP will be responsible for the execution and delivery of a broad range of financial services and processes across MSD business divisions and markets for the APs region.
The PtP Associate Director will be accountable and responsible for the delivery and execution of accounts payable processes for all markets that the RDC in AP supports in the APs region. The objective of this role is to lead and enable the RDC PtP function based in AP to partner with its Finance and business counterparts to ensure that business objectives are sufficiently met.
Primary responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Assist the PtP Director to establish and grow the RDC – APs PtP function; provide strategic guidance and direction to PtP Accounts Payable function employees.
• Demonstrate full operational responsibility for the PtP Accounts Payable function to ensure all deliverables are successfully achieved, including operational performance, people management and development, and adhering to compliance requirements together with supporting and implementing on transformation requirements
• Manage escalations as required on invoice exception processing, including open receipts
• Resolve transactional issues as needed and address process performance anomalies
• Assist in internal/external audits to ensure all appropriate controls are being followed
• Review and analyze existing procedures and seek to incorporate changes that will improve the department and/or business
• Maintain good relationships with key leaders in Expense Management, OMT/Invoicing, Customer Support and work strategically with these partners to advance the PtP function
• Review and approve work performed by staff in the Accounts Payable department
• Lead, participate, and support special projects as requested by leadership
• Develop a good understanding of the overall Finance organization and broader MSD business; build and develop network and partnerships with key Finance and business leaders across MSD, specifically within the APs region
• Act as a Business Partner to the market Finance Leads and business stakeholders; play a key role in the development of global financial processes and enhancing the capacity of the PtP function
• Understand the functionality, interfaces, and interdependencies of MSD’s financial processes and systems; ensure the existence of adequate internal controls
• Oversee MSD’s strategic BPO and other partners that support the daily processing of settlements.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required
• Minimum of 5 to 8 years of accounting payable or equivalent Finance or Shared Services experience required
• Minimum of 3 years of experience leading team of Procure to Pay professionals preferred
• PtP or AP certification by an accredited organization preferred
• Business-level English skills (speaking and writing) required
• Familiarity with US GAAP preferred
• Solid financial background with experience in accounting processes
• Strong communication, interpersonal, and organization skills required
Job: Shared Services Job Title:Assoc. Dir, Shared Svcs Finance
Primary Location: APAC-MY-B-Petaling Jaya
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 1
Company Trade Name:MSD
Job Segment: Accounts Payable, BPO, Manager, Accounting, Finance, Operations, Management, Customer Service