Associate Director, Regional Marketing, Insomnia Job - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the BELSOMRA marketing team. This position will be primarily responsible for further developing and executing patient support programs for BELSOMRA.
Responsibilities include and are not limited to the following
- Enhancing the trial experience for new patients
- Help patients understand that BELSOMRA is a sleep medication with a different MOA than other medications, and help effectively transition from their previous treatment
- Enable proper dosage adjustments to optimize treatment among patients who require it
- Enhance trial programs for BELSOMRA (e.g. vouchers)
- Help patients navigate cost concerns / barriers
- Develop tactics to enable patients to clear step-edit / prior authorization hurdles if required by their insurance plan
- Create and enhance tactics designed to help patients overcome high cost barriers (high co-pay, co-insurance, deductible) that may result in patient abandonment. Deploy these tactics through innovative channels.
- Develop innovative tools to help patients change behavior and overcome poor sleep habits / anxieties about sleep. Increase rate at which patients transition from “trial” use (sample, voucher, initial trial Rx) to persistent user.
- Serve as brand team Pharmacy point to help drive a coordinated effort across objectives (educating pharmacy HCPs, driving patient acquisition, managing payer hurdles at point of sale, increasing persistence)
- Required: Bachelor’s Degree
- Preferred: MBA or Advanced Degree
- Minimum of (5) years combined Marketing, and/or Operational Support experience.
- Experience in a consumer-related promotional role
- In depth understanding / experience with co-pay programs
- In depth understanding / experience with creating patient education materials
- Track record for developing innovative tactics and approaches
- Demonstrated analytic and strategic thinking skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a cross-functional influence role
- Experience with medical / legal review of promotional material
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Regional Marketing
Job Title:Assoc. Dir, Regional Marketing
Primary Location: NA-US-PA-Upper Gwynedd
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Hazardous Materials: No
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Job Segment: Manager, Medical, Pharmacy, Marketing MBA, Management, Healthcare, Marketing