Associate Director, Project Management and Continuous Improvement (Quality Systems Improvement Job - United States
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
Reporting to the Site QSIP Lead, the Associate Director Project Management and Improvement is responsible for facilitating continuous improvement activities and providing project management support for Merck’s Quality Systems Improvement Plan (QSIP) at the site level. Continuous improvement activities include Kaizen, training, data and root cause analysis and support, process mapping and act as a SME on various continuous improvement tools
Primary Roles include, but are not limited to:
- Provide continuous improvement support to the site QSIP deployment team
- Provide project management support to the site QSIP deployment team
- Provide suggestions to site SMEs on process improvement ideas.
- Capturing timely and accurate data when required
- Apply and teach the following lean tools: 5S, Process mapping, Visual Management (performance boards), PDCA, problem solving
- Cultivate and foster a positive working relationship within teams, and with employees and other stakeholders to gain cooperation, support, and buy in to continuous improvement.
- Plan, coordinate, schedule, organize, and facilitate various process improvements including, but not limited to training, workshops, rapid improvement events, process mapping.
- Support facilitation of analysis and improvement events.
- Guide Subject Matter Experts on revising procedures, processes, and/or methods to increase effectiveness, test alternatives approaches, assist in the installation of approved improvements/modifications, provide instruction to operating personnel, and perform follow up to ensure defined outcomes are achieved.
- Document and manage project timelines, resources, and visual performance boards
- Cultivate collaborative relationships with stakeholders within all organizational levels, building trust and gaining credibility to achieve optimal value.
Education Minimum Requirement:
- A minimum Bachelor's degree
Required Experience and Skills:
- A minimum of 10 years of professional experience including a minimum of 4 years in GMP environment
- Project Management – Demonstrated success in creating clear project scopes, project schedules, budgets, and resource allocation for on-time, on-budget projects.
- Experience leading projects in a highly regulated environment
- Experience with continuous improvement tools and processes
- Strong computing skills including: MS Office, MS Visio, MS Project OR similar programs/systems
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Good presentation skills
- Effective communication skills (both written and oral)
- Strong customer service focus
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Lean Six Sigma certification
- Experience with global projects
- Science or Engineering degree
- Experience leading a large scale quality systems deployment project
- Experience applying Lean and/or Six Sigma methodologies to pharmaceutical facilities and manufacturing processes
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Quality Operations
Job Title:Assoc. Dir, Quality
Primary Location: NA-US-NC-Durham
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 15 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: Durham
Nearest Secondary Market: Raleigh
Job Segment: Manager, Pharmaceutical, Engineer, Lean Six Sigma, Project Manager, Management, Science, Engineering, Technology