Associate Director, Program Management, Companion Animal and Equine Business Job - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its 125-year legacy. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck’s Animal Health (MAH) division works to improve the health of animals around the world through collaborative partnerships and a deep sense of responsibility towards our customers, consumers, animals, society, and our planet. This team of energetic, independent thinkers offers one of the industry’s most innovative portfolios of products, services, and technologies that serve to prevent, treat, and control diseases across all major farm and companion animal species both domestically and internationally.
Associate Director, Program Management supports the US Companion Animal and Equine (CA & EQ) business through providing effective and efficient program management. The program manager provides all program/project management for the business working in close partnership with the CA & EQ leadership team. The incumbent is responsible for leading the development of business critical program management tools for the Companion Animal & Equine business unit based on the business plan and organizational objectives. The Associate Director, Program Management maintains all project/program timelines and is responsible for development, maintaining and communication of project timelines. The incumbent collaborates cross-functionally with CA&EQ leadership team and other key stakeholders to communicate plans and strategies, manage execution and ensure alignment.
Key responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Developing and maintaining cross-functional project plans for the US CA & EQ business that align with organizational goals and objectives in support of business strategy
- Prepare and maintain all project documentation, including project plans, status reports.
- Define key steps and milestones for each program, to ensure owners and committed timelines exist for each of these project steps, monitor progress
- Tracking of project performance and communication of project milestones to leadership team and key stakeholders
- Identify, communicate and escalate when appropriate potential obstacles; engage resources across the enterprise to remove obstacles and ensure timely execution of the projects by the project owners.
- Facilitate and manage project team meetings to monitor tasks, deadlines and risks as well as resolve any issues to ensure project is moving forward.
Education Minimum Requirement:
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree/MBA preferred
Required Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of 10 years experience in a sales, marketing, sales operations or other relevant area
- Strong program management, analytical and problem solver
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects concurrently, meet deadlines in a fast changing environment.
- Strong financial and business acumen
- Ability to indirectly influence, delegate effectively and successfully achieve results through others.
- High energy, positive thinker, collaborator
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Exhibits strong emotional intelligence, integrity and trustworthiness
- Demonstrated computer proficiency including MS Project, Office
- Previous Animal Health experience is preferred
- Experience in the development of Key Performance Indicator (KPI) development, reporting and analysis
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Product Dev Proj/Prog Mgmnt
Job Title:Assoc. Dir, Project Management
Primary Location: NA-US-NJ-Madison
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: New Jersey
Job Segment: Manager, Program Manager, Sales Operations, Marketing Manager, Project Manager, Management, Sales, Marketing, Technology