This job is currently Archived,
Associate Director/Director, Program Management - United States, United Kingdom, Switzerland
Posted on : 30 March 2017
- The successful candidate will drive the overall success of our R&D programs. This person will join a strong management team, MA facility and will build and lead R&D development teams.
- The individual will work collaboratively with the program teams and will manage and integrate the diverse drug development activities in key areas that include discovery, preclinical research, CMC and clinical manufacturing, regulatory affairs, clinical development, commercial and finance.
- This is an exciting and interdisciplinary role for a highly qualified and motivated individual. The successful candidate will be a confident leader, with attention to detail and significant prior success in preclinical and early clinical stage program and program management for therapeutic programs in the biotechnology industry.
- The successful candidate will also have a solid scientific understanding of the biology of genome editing technologies, as well as the development of cell and gene therapies.
- We are seeking someone with a sense of urgency for developing important new therapies for devastating diseases and who is interested in forging new and uncharted paths to patients for the exciting company technology.
- Leads and drives program team(s) and is responsible for working closely with program team members to manage the operational aspects of the program(s), including developing overall strategy, tactical implementation plans, fully integrated program timelines, monitoring key milestones and decision points, to drive delivery of program objectives
- Interfaces with, and coordinates relevant functional groups to ensure timely execution of program activities including anticipating and identifying program risks, mitigation and contingencies, and supporting timely action plans and issue resolution
- Represents program to Senior Management; ensures effective communication to align program activities with corporate strategy, and ensure effective program execution
- Fosters a culture of ownership and single point of accountability with clear timelines, as well as ongoing evaluation, recognition and process improvement
- Focuses operations to deliver results by influencing team members beyond existing benchmarks and their own expectations
- Partners with finance / functional leaders to develop program budget and monitors spend against program budgets
- Addresses capability and capacity needs, and develops program scenario planning for decision making
- Ensures the development and use of key program management tools including the use of management logistics and documentation, by the Program Manager and all team members, to enhance program delivery and information dissemination to the team and key stakeholders
- Ensures effective program team meetings, logistics and documentation
- 5 years’ experience in life sciences industry, with 3 years of demonstrated program management experience managing cross-functional product development teams
- Outstanding leadership and management skills with an integrated view of scientific and product development issues, and demonstrated passion for creating new medicines
- Advanced degree in the life sciences (PhD or MBA), and / or formal training in program/project management (PMP certification is a plus)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and successfully in a matrix environment, prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously, integrate cross-functional issues and balance competing priorities effectively
- Proficiency in MS Office suite, including MS PowerPoint and MS Project
- Detailed understanding of preclinical and early clinical product development for biologics, and regulatory requirements for IND and CTA filings and First-In-Human clinical trials
- Familiarity with cell and molecular biology techniques
- Strong oral and written communication skills, a high degree of energy, accuracy and attention to detail, and a passion for delivering important new medicines to patients with devastating diseases
- 10+ years experience in life sciences industry, with 8+ years of demonstrated program management and leadership experience managing cross-functional product development efforts
- Thorough understanding of the preclinical and early clinical development of cell and gene therapy medicines
- Experience leading gene editing or gene therapy programs
- Results Orientation / Productive Work Habits– Drives issues to closure and gets the job done. Skilled at analyzing scope of work, as well as planning and executing a successful outcome. Understands and assigns / utilizes resources effectively and efficiently.
- Problem Solving– The ability to understand a situation, task or problem by breaking it down into smaller pieces using a systematic approach and to identify patterns and connections between situations that are not obviously related.
- Customer Partnering– The ability to develop and foster relationships of trust and mutual respect through assuring accessibility and responsiveness. Demonstrates knowledge of the customer’s function including key issues, processes, metrics, goals, needs and terminology. Proactively works with customer to address issues.
- Decision Making– The ability to make sound decisions using judgment by evaluating all factors involved and potential impact.
- High Performance Teams– Focus on effective project management and leadership; recognition that team success is not always synonymous with project outcome; knowing when to end unproductive efforts and be decisive.