Associate Director, Pricing & Reimbursement - United States
- The Associate Director of Value and Access (V&A) team will provides strategic insight on pricing and reimbursement, and supports the delivery of the global market access strategy for Biogen products.
- He/she is expected to partner cross-functionally with Research & Development, Commercial, Government Affairs, Finance, Business Development/ Corporate Development, Worldwide Medical, and other Value and Access colleagues (global, regional, local).
- This particular position sits within the Rare and Immunology Therapeutic Areas (TAs).
Key responsibilities include:
- Conduct relevant pricing and payer research, integrating clinical, market, and payer information, to determine optimal price attainable within context of product’s value proposition to providers, payers, and patients and trade-off between price and access, and indication sequencing
- Drive and shape product strategy by educating brand teams and new products planning teams on pricing and reimbursement environment and influence key asset decisions (e.g. dosing, label language, trial population, endpoints, etc.) for products in development;
- Input pricing and reimbursement strategy into overall market access and product plan for a BIIB product, including recommendations for price/access positioning, launch price, price bands, and launch sequence as well as inform forecast price and access assumptions and requirements for commercial and development planning processes
- Develop recommendations for pricing strategy and collaborate with senior management and functional leaders to set appropriate access and revenue objectives for products;
- Interact with external experts in pricing, health economics, patient advocacy, health technology assessment authorities, government policy makers and payers as required to execute P&R project objectives
- Work to align and integrate V&A with key functions, such as, Program Team, Global Medical, Regulatory, Public Affairs, Government Affairs and Commercial Teams to drive price and reimbursement strategies
- Proactively share price and reimbursement expertise and innovative strategies with other members of the Value and Access Strategy team
- Lead cross-regional Value and Access teams and be the Value and Access lead at the Asset teams
- Effectively manage project budget within the Rare and Immunology TA
- Minimum of 3-4 years of industry experience or 5-7 years of consulting experience and at least 6 months of industry experience; including experience with reimbursement and pricing analyses
- Strong communication skills to be able to communicate to senior leadership
- Demonstrated relationship building skills at all levels of the organization and across geographies and cross-functionally
- Strong MS Excel skills including experience in developing financial models and the ability to succinctly and clearly communicate recommended modeling to the leadership team
- Knowledge of the pricing and reimbursement environment for US and key EU markets required
- Knowledge in Rare Diseases or Immunology a plus
BA/BS; MBA or advanced degree preferred
- Through cutting-edge science and medicine, our company discovers, develops and delivers worldwide innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases.
- Our company is a pioneer in biotechnology and today the Company has the leading portfolio of medicines to treat multiple sclerosis (MS), has introduced the first and only approved treatment for spinal muscular atrophy, and is at the forefront of neurology research for conditions including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS).
- Our company also manufactures and commercializes biosimilars of advanced biologics.
- Our global organization of nearly 7,000 employees is committed to a single mission: making a meaningful difference in the lives of patients with few or no treatment options.
- Our company was founded in 1978 and today serves patients in nearly 70 countries.