Associate Director, Planning & Performance - United Kingdom
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- The ‘Associate Director, Planning & Performance’ will be responsible for leading and developing the Planning & Performance team and driving the planning and performance processes across EMEA with a key focus on co-coordinating the budgeting & forecast processes, understanding the key business environment for major risks and opportunities and providing financial information, analysis and insights into the business, making recommendations to ‘Senior Director FP&I’ in order to influence business decision making and help shape the strategic direction of the organisation
- They will also have the following duties:
- Lead the Planning & Performance team, with support and direction from the ‘Senior Director, FP&I’, create the concept of a Center of Excellence for planning and performance Develop a robust planning, budgeting and forecasting processes and provide analysis, insights and make recommendations to the Senior Director FP&I in order to help deliver short and long term objectives Responsible for delivery the monthly / quarterly Managerial reporting, driving efficiencies and standardization across EMEA Key point of contact for Planning, Budgeting, Forecasting and reporting in.
- Work closely with the Regional, Franchise and European HQ Finance Business Partners to understand the needs of the business and provide them with world class reporting and planning tools Continuously improve the quality of information, analysis and insight generation in order to support EMEA to meet it’s objectives and strategy
- The following job description is intended to describe the general nature of the job that may include other duties as assumed or assigned; it is not intended to be all-inclusive or limit of the duties of the position.
Core Tasks, Responsibilities and Authority:
- Embed Compliance Culture across all Regions of the business ensuring Integrity in Action is actively applied in all initiatives.
- Ensure Finance Functions strictly adopt a culture of ethics and compliance; leading by example and appropriately challenging non-compliance.
- Ensure adherence to company policies relating to Ethics and Compliance standards and interactions with Healthcare Professionals (HCPs), Healthcare Organisations (HCOs) and Patient Organisations (POs).
Lead and develop Planning & Performance team:
To lead and develop the current team and any changes that might be implemented due to business requirements Creation of a Centre of Excellence for planning and performance
Planning, budgeting and forecasting:
- Develop, manage, execute and continuously improve the company-wide financial planning, budgeting, and forecasting processes and manage communication to key stakeholders Oversee the creation of central planning and performance requirements i.e. monthly and quarterly reporting, sales reporting, regular forecasts (sales, expenses), ad hoc analysis, providing financial information and analysis and insights into the business, making recommendations and for influencing business decision making. Ensure annual budgeting and monthly entity financial and forecasting and analysis requirements are achieved accurately, completely and in a timely basis Be a key liaison between EMEA HQ, API and the Finance Business Partners on various financial planning, budgeting and forecasting matters Manage planning systems and processes with the Financial Analytics and Systems (FAS) department and other relevant Finance departments Participate in the development, consolidation and tracking of EMEA Operations Mid Term Plan (MTP) process.
- Lead the quarterly forecast process by taking responsibility for the consolidation of submissions, review and together with the Finance Business Partners get a understanding of Risks and Opportunities in order to develop a proposal to the ‘Senior Director FP&I’ Together with the Finance Business Partners, develop and propose Budget guidelines to be issued to the affiliates and HQ to the ‘Senior Director FP&I’ Review and develop the content of the January Business Review Meetings templates to ensure that the correct level of information (financial and non financial) is available in order to facilitate discussion and decision making Work with the Finance Business Partners to analyse and validate proposed budgets and forecasts against current and prior year, and MTP business plans Support and initiate improvements in the financial systems across the company Europe to improve the quality, availability and timeliness of financial and non-financial information
- Develop, manage, execute and continuously improve the company wide reporting processes and help to drive reporting standardisation across Europe
- Oversee the consolidation of EMEA Management Accounts, ensuring that financial information is available on a timely basis for key stakeholders (Senior Management, Commercial Finance, API Budget Control Group etc.)
- Accountable for ensuring that the right financial information for the Commercial Finance team to evaluate variances on performance (sales, expenses, franchise profitability etc.) Provides meaningful, concise, and clear analysis, including variance analysis to senior management on financial issues and performance of all entities Provide analysis to API on monthly / quarterly results and explaining results
- Supports the maintenance of the audit pack and various reports created by your team (across EMEA business)
Cost of Sales (COGs) process:
Review and sign off on COGs calculations as completed by your team Recommend new ways of working and system improvements where necessary
Insights and Analysis:
- Continuously improve the quality of information, analysis and insight generation in order to support EMEA to meet it's objectives and strategy
- Provide insights and recommendations to Finance Business Partners and EMEA HQ management to make informed business decisions and to understand key business risks and opportunities Responsible for providing relevant financial and non-financial information on all European entities, for business decision making and performance evaluation to key stakeholders e.g. sales reporting, franchise profitability reporting, unit, price, FX analysis Supports ‘Senior Director, FP&I’ to implement measures necessary to change company behaviors and ensure financial fitness e.g. improved profitability through benchmarking, dashboards, improving quality and availability of information, introduction of KPI’s etc.
- Implements and maintains profitability measurement systems for organisational profitability Using data provided by the ‘Data Scientist’, provides financial “what-if” scenarios that enable the organisation to make appropriate business decisions ROI analysis and support to investments, new product launches, early phase development
- Prioritizes and attends some Business Review Meetings in order to improve business knowledge, understand key risks and make recommendations to improve business performance and profitability
Affiliate year end financial performance evaluation
Lead the process, agree and communicate requirements and dates with key stakeholders (HR rewards team, Regional Finance Business partners, Operations and FAS) Responsible for the consolidation, review of adjustment proposals calculations methodology to ensure consistency across affiliates and that they are reasonable based on business knowledge Prepare adjusted budget and actual Domestic P&L’s and documentation for the review meetings and final Human Resources Committee (HRC) sign off
Other such duties as may be reasonably required by the business.
- To be aware of company Group Code of Conduct and associated policies and procedures and other applicable laws, codes and regulations: to include the ABPI (The Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry) and EFPIA (European Federation of Pharmaceutical industries and Associates) Codes of Practice.
- Clarify and seek guidance as required, and raise any concerns, in a timely manner, with relevant manager; which may include reference to the Ethics and Compliance Team and/or Ethics and Compliance Helpdesk.
- Undertake and comply with relevant mandatory Ethics and Compliance training and updates to maintain personal appreciation of requirements; all training to be undertaken in a timely manner.
- Comply with the company Way and Competences, in terms of expected values and behaviors, in addition to company's HR policies, procedures and guidelines.
Sale revenue: €2.6bn EMEA sales revenue Entities: 16 EMEA entities OP: € 1.5bn EMEA Operating profit 2x direct reports
Internal Senior Management HQ Finance Business partners Financial Analytics System Team Operations team EMEA Finance and tax teams AICL Finance Budget Control Group Japan | External Auditors
Specific Physical Abilities:
Willing and able to undertake international travel (including staying away)
Specific Environmental Factors:
Based at the EMEA Operations Headquarters - Chertsey, Surrey, UK. Willing to work such additional hours as required by the business.
Competencies | Experience
Customer Focus: Fosters a culture where everything is done to enhance value to patients. Intentional about meeting/exceeding customer expectations (internal/external).
Strategic Orientation: Credible leader: engages colleagues/team to effectively deliver strategic plan and secure the confidence of key stakeholders. Considers broader picture and embeds a ‘best practice’ culture to increase operational performance within a multi-cultural, matrix and global organization.
Innovation and Change: Acts as ambassador for change; proactively fosters a continuous improvement and ideas generation culture. Secures commitment from peers/colleagues to adopt new work processes, systems, and approaches to embed change.
- Demonstrates personal accountability for business performance (unit/function); consistently delivers high performance results addressing risks in a constructive manner. Proactively supports team/colleagues to deliver effectively; sets clear expectations, priorities, and objectives utilizing resources for optimum performance.
- Demonstrates integrity, sound judgment and decision making skills. Addresses non-compliance.
- IT literate; able to utilize MS Office and virtual collaboration tools, database, compliance systems/applications, online knowledge repositories etc.
Communication & Collaboration:
- Strong collaborative skills: able to work cross-functionally and with virtual teams, to build trust, commitment and engagement.
- Adjusts approach to secure a positive and respectful outcome.
- Regularly seeks and provides constructive feedback with due recognition for individual contribution.
- Ability to deliver management reports and metrics and give ‘formal’ presentations and updates to diverse audience(s), corrective actions, qualitative/quantitative updates etc.
Developing & Inspiring:
- Creates an environment which fosters learning and development with appropriate stretch and ‘risk.’
- Provides constructive feedback to utilize strengths and identify development needs.
- Adopts a coaching approach to develop others and build future leaders with due respect for diversity and inclusion.
- Acts as an ambassador of ethics and compliance; incorporates cross-cultural perspective when addressing challenging situations.
- Creates an environment which fosters mutual respect, integrity and value.
- Qualified CIMA, ACA, ACCA with solid experience in a multinational Pharma sector experience not a necessity
- Excellent analytical, presentation and reporting skills Ability to operate independently with limited managerial oversight
- Experience with Hyperion / SAP is useful but not essential Strong customer focus; in multi-disciplinary, matrix and cross-cultural settings
- Track-record of leading planning process with excellent organisational and collaboration skills Proven compliance expertise ; to understand and comply with industry laws and relevant regulations. Coaching and collaboration skills to interact with all levels of personnel to achieve shared goals.
- Proven ability to influence, (appropriately) challenge and engage diverse senior stakeholders.
- Fluent in written and verbal business English