Associate Director, Outcomes Research Job Rahway United States,
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its 125-year legacy. Merck s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck is on a quest for cures and is committed to being the world s premier, most research-intensive biopharmaceutical company. Today, we re doubling down on this goal. Merck Research Laboratories is a true scientific research facility of tomorrow, and will take Merck s leading discovery capabilities and world-class small molecule and biologics R&D expertise to create breakthrough science that radically changes the way we approach serious diseases.
We are looking for an Associate Director, Outcomes Research for our Lebanon, NJ location to be responsible for planning and managing real world evidence activities for in-line and developmental drugs and/or vaccines on a worldwide basis, and planning and implementing outcomes research and real world evidence programs to meet the value evidence needs of payers, health systems, and clinicians. This includes conducting all phases of Outcomes Research studies to characterize disease burden and health care utilization, and generating comparative real world evidence, including design and implementation of retrospective database studies, assessment of patient reported outcomes (PROs), epidemiological studies, and economic modeling.
The job duties include the following:
- Work closely with Customer Business Line teams, Regional Product Directors, MSD affiliates, Public Affairs, Medical Education and Merck Research Laboratories (MRL) colleagues to ensure programs are consistent with marketing strategies in key countries.
- Contribute to product development and marketing strategies to ensure that product value is defined and demonstrated.
- Represents CORE on one or more Value and Evidence Sub-teams (VEST).
- Assesses drivers and barriers to reimbursement and market access and identifies value evidence needs to provide strategic input into clinical and market development programs.
- Assist in development the integrated evidence strategy including HTA/OR strategy and generates evidence for HTA/reimbursement purposes.
- Assist in development and evaluation of health programs leveraging different parts of health care systems that can enhance value and use of Merck products.
- Assist in implementation of programs to document the burden and cost of diseases, unmet medical need, patient reported outcomes (PRO) and the value of drug therapy as outlined in the OR planning process and generates data on a worldwide basis to support pricing and reimbursement.
- Develop value evidence deliverables (e.g., global value dossier, health economic evaluations) and their adaptation to generate country-specific data supporting pricing and reimbursement.
- Maintain awareness of scientific developments within his/her areas of expertise.
- Present outcomes research data at international/national congresses and publishes articles in scientific journals.
- PhD in Public Health Management, Health Outcomes Research, or closely related field.
- 3 years of experience in the design and implementation of clinical, epidemiological or health economic studies, including at least one year of experience working in the pharmaceutical industry.
- We will also accept a MS and 5 years of experience in stated areas.
- Must have research expertise as demonstrated through peer-reviewed publications in the field of epidemiology and/or health economic research.
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we re inventing for life. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Outcomes Research -Health Econ
Job Title:Associate Director, Outcomes Research
Primary Location: NA-US-NJ-Rahway
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): N/A
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: New York City
Nearest Secondary Market: Newark
Job Segment: Epidemiology, Manager, Medical, Public Health, Clinical Research, Healthcare, Management
Find a Job Find Candidates