Associate Director, Order to Cash - Malaysia
- RDC is responsible for the timely and efficient delivery of standardized, global financial processes. The RDC – APs will be responsible for the execution and delivery of a broad range of financial services and processes across company business divisions and markets for the APs region.
- The Order to Cash (OtC) Associate Director of AP is responsible for providing commercial services, in the OtC area such as Sales Order Processing, Accounts Receivables and Collections across AP. As a subject matter expert with key stakeholders the position is charged with ensuring all transactional activity is properly recorded and compliant with country statutory and tax requirements. The objective of this role is to lead and enable the RDC OtC function based in AP to partner with their Finance and business counterparts to ensure that business objectives are sufficiently met.
Primary responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Directs hiring, training, motivating and developing a staff - Order to Cash professionals
- Responsible for managing a team that administers customer sales orders, credit, collection and cash application policies as associated with trade receivables as well as sales order processing across AP
- Ensure all audit support and controls are executed in a timely fashion with accuracy
- Interact with customers’ accounts payable contacts/buyers to pursue past dues, repayments and resolve issues with a high level of customer service
- Resolve payment/invoice match issues
- Enable accountability for 3rd party and bankruptcy processes
- Provide operational governance and accountability to BPO including audits, operational feedback, meeting established SLA’s, review and adherence to standard operating procedures.
- Partner with process owners and other RDC OtC leaders to identify strategies to drive efficiencies through continuous improvement opportunities.
- Facilitate risk management analysis and discussions with sponsor and markets.
- Prepare and execute customer communications as needed
- Ensure the compliance of dates in the closing calendars.
- Deliver on Days Sales Outstanding objective along with other Key Performance Indicators
- Maintain complete and accurate standard operating procedures and related internal control documentation
- Oversee goal setting, sharing of best practices, workload balancing, teambuilding, professional development, and general operating parameters of the RDC – APs OtC function
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance
- Minimum of 5 to 8 years of experience in a finance or accounting department of a multinational company required
- Minimum of 3 years of experience leading team of Order to Cash professionals preferred
- Business-level English skills (speaking and writing) required
- Familiarity with US GAAP preferred
- Solid financial background with experience in accounting processes
- Problem solving and analytical skills with a proactive management style to implement new processes
- Experience using SAP desired
- Strong knowledge of business processes supported by transaction processing capabilities
- Ability to work independently, capable of handling multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and organization skills required