Associate Director, Oncology Launch Leader & Business Consultant Job - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The Launch Leader & Business Consultant is a member of the Oncology Marketing Services Team. This role is critical to the successful planning and execution of global launches across the Oncology business line, including new products, new tumor types and new indications.
The Launch Leader & Business Consultant collaborates with stakeholders across all divisions (Marketing, R&D, Manufacturing and Corporate) to organize and integrate key activities throughout the launch planning process. This role will develop prioritized, aligned and fully integrated Global and US Market launch plans for KEYTRUDA®. Routine, active engagement with Senior Leadership is required to communicate opportunities for increased efficiency and/or effectiveness, leverage drivers of launch success and assess organizational launch readiness.
Core responsibilities include and are not limited to the following:
- Development of integrated Global and US Launch Plans, inclusive of all key work streams supporting launch.
- Partnering with business stakeholders to align and integrate work across functions, and accelerate work on the critical path.
- Assesses organization launch readiness by monitoring the status of the integrated Global and US launch plans via iLaunch.
- Plans and executes Launch Excellence & iLaunch workshops with regions and markets.
- Plans and facilitates Launch Readiness Reviews, scenario planning, risk mitigation activities and post-launch lessons learned.
- Provides relevant insights and shares best practices from across and outside the organization.
- Identifies opportunities to integrate Marketing Excellence principles and utilization of Merck Customer and Brand Marketing tools into launch planning
- Required: BA/BS
- Preferred: MBA/MS
- Minimum of (5) years of Marketing and/or Business Consulting experience.
- Minimum of (5) years of Pharmaceutical and/or Biologics experience.
- Demonstrated New Product launch experience.
- Demonstrated Project Management experience / skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Sales & Marketing processes
- Oncology therapeutic and business model knowledge.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated meeting and training facilitation skills.
- Functional understanding of R&D and Manufacturing processes.
- Demonstrated leadership skills:
- Ability to influence, gain commitment, drive decision-making and achieve positive results at all levels of the organization.
- Foster Collaboration with a diverse, cross-functional audience of stakeholders across all divisions and in
- Consistently Acts with Courage and Candor.
- Focus on Customers and Patients.
- Extensive knowledge in a majority of the following: business process mapping & design; continuous process improvement; strategy development; ability to manage large, complex projects; problem solving; negotiation.
- Ability to manage ambiguity and to adapt to the changing needs of our customers and the business.
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Business Consulting
Job Title:Assoc. Dir, Business Consulting
Primary Location: NA-US-NJ-Kenilworth
Other Locations: NA-US-PA-Upper Gwynedd
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 15 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: New York City
Nearest Secondary Market: Newark
Job Segment: Oncology, Manager, Consultant, Consulting, Business Consultant, Healthcare, Management, Contract, Retail