Associate Director, Oncology H&N Marketing Job - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
Associate Director, U.S. Oncology Marketing – Head and Neck Cancer
We are currently recruiting for an Associate Director, U.S. Oncology Marketing – HCP Strategy for a breakthrough product, pembrolizumab. The position will be based in Upper Gwynedd, PA and will report to the Director of Marketing, Head & Neck.
This position will require outstanding leadership in many areas including strategic direction, flawless execution, promotions development, and relationship building.
Key responsibilities include and are not limited to the following:
- HCP brand strategy, leveraging customer insights & development of strategic message platforms for H&N cancer indications
- Regular collaboration with field leaders to ensure brand strategy can be executed and address competitive needs
- Developing an appropriate Marketing mix, including multi-channel, HCP promotional strategy
- Lead development and implementation of core HCP promotional materials
- Lead prioritization of promotional materials for H&N cancer indications
- Promotions Review Team planning, prioritization, & coordination for resources
- Collaboration and communication within and across tumor teams
- Lead cross-functional teams and clearly communicate a vision, needs, and ensure deliverables met
- Marketing budget management for head and neck
- Ensure oversight and accomplishment of key launch work streams
- Serve as US H&N Training point supporting new OSR training needs
- Required: BA/BS
- Preferred: MBA
- A minimum of 3 years of experience working in the pharmaceutical industry
- A minimum of 2 years of experience working in oncology, hospital or specialty
- Strong relationship building, problem solving,
teamwork, analytical and written/verbal communication skills
- Strength managing complexity and multiple competing
- Excellent communication skills to succinctly lead and
- Experience influencing without direct authority and
working successfully with cross-functional teams
- Healthcare Provider promotion experience and bringing
materials through legal, regulatory, and clinical review
- Requires up to 25% travel, including some weekends and
occasional travel to NJ locations
- Product/Indication Launch experience
- Oncology Marketing experience
- Experience in field sales execution strongly preferred
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Global Marketing ONC
Job Title:Assoc. Dir, Global Marketing
Primary Location: NA-US-PA-Upper Gwynedd
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Job Segment: Oncology, Manager, Marketing MBA, Law, Healthcare, Management, Marketing, Legal