This job is currently Archived,
Associate Director/Director of Category Management & Shopper Insights - United States
Posted on : 20 June 2017
- Our company is a leading global healthcare company, delivers value to its customers and consumers by providing Quality Affordable Healthcare Products.
- Founded in 1887 as a packager of home remedies, our company has built a unique business model that is best described as the convergence of a fast-moving consumer goods company, a high-quality pharmaceutical manufacturing organization and a world-class supply chain network.
- Our company is the world's largest manufacturer of over-the-counter ("OTC") healthcare products and supplier of infant formulas for the store brand market.
- The Company also is a leading provider of branded OTC products throughout Europe and the U.S., as well as a leading producer of "extended topical" prescription drugs.
- Our company sells its products primarily in North America and Europe, as well as in other markets, including Australia, Israel and China.
- There are nearly 7 billion people in the world. Our company is dedicated to making healthcare affordable for them. Help us do it.
As the Director of Category Management & Shopper Insights you will be responsible for leading the initiating, designing, managing, and analyzing all primary and secondary consumer research as well as all syndicated data and information to provide actionable insights and business recommendations to help our company achieve growth and profit objectives. You will serve as a corporate leader in keeping the organization focused on the consumer and their needs. Will have direct responsible for forecasting internal product demand, from a Marketing Department perspective and will be accountable for managing the Marketing Information operating budget.
Major responsibilities include:
- Designs and coordinates primary and secondary consumers research projects. Responsible for communicated all research findings and converting them into actionable information, recommendations and sell stories. Serves as a corporate leader in keeping the organization focused on consumers and their needs.
- Consults Sales & Brand Management – Serves as a primary adviser to brand management to ensure that Store Brand and company market share is maximized against world class national brands. Provides guidance and recommendations on category or market information into category and customer ongoing and annual business plans. Generates competitive strategies for sales and marketing teams.
- Category Management – Leads all aspects of corporate category management efforts including; initiating, collecting, managing and analyzing retailer and marketplace information to drive corporate sales performance in the areas of pricing, promotion, product assortment and retail shelving. Also, negotiates and manages all syndicated data services and agreements. Manages vendor projects and relationships.
- Bachelor degree in marketing, business or related fields required; Master degree preferred.
- Must have at least 5 years of progressively responsible experience in package goods category management and / or consumer research.
- Must have at least 5 years of prior management experience.
- Must possess strong knowledge of retail sales and marketing techniques, with a focus on package goods category management and consumer/shopper research.
- Successful track record of sales and marketing activities at major retail accounts.
- Must exhibit leadership and well developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical/strategic skills and project management skills necessary.
- Computer literacy and advanced skills in the use of MS Excel, Power Point, and Word with working knowledge of syndicated information and its applications and space management software systems required.