Associate Director, New Product Commercialization - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
|External Posting Title||Associate Director, New Product Commercialization|
|Job Description||Provide strategic commercial leadership for Neurology pipeline assets in early, mid, and late-stage development:|
• Provide commercial input to Program Teams, as well as lead the development of brand strategies and commercialization plans for assets.
• Direct / implement strategic commercial projects to inform asset strategy and clinical development plans.
Collaborate closely with the R&D Organization to develop Disease Area Strategies in new areas:
• Develop and communicate strong understanding of treatment protocols, level of unmet needs, potential patient segments, and competitive pipeline in order to identify targeted product concepts with necessary product profiles.
• Direct / implement strategic commercial projects to inform disease area strategies.
When necessary, support due diligence efforts within Neurology disease areas by working closely Commercial Assessment, Business Development and Corporate Finance teams:
• Provide commercial insight and market knowledge to opportunity assessments and asset valuations in support of external growth opportunities.
|Location||Cambridge, MA, US|
|Job Category||Global Commercial Strategy|
• 7-10 years of pharmaceutical/biotech new product planning experience and/or pharmaceutical global strategic marketing experience, with demonstrated strategic /analytical skills.
• Experience working with Program Teams and R&D to guide asset development is strongly desired.
• Proven ability to influence in cross-functional settings is a must.
• Must be a strong communicator, able to confidently present findings to VPs and SVPs, as well as able to represent the commercial position to senior members within different functions of the organization.
• Additional desired experience: market research planning, global brand planning, KOLs engagement, strategy consulting, and working in the context of collaboration agreements.
|Education||MBA or science-related graduate degree preferred.|
|About Biogen||Corporate Overview|
Through cutting-edge science and medicine, Biogen discovers, develops and delivers worldwide innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases. Biogen is a pioneer in biotechnology and today the Company has the leading portfolio of medicines to treat multiple sclerosis (MS), has introduced the first and only approved treatment for spinal muscular atrophy, and is at the forefront of neurology research for conditions including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS). Biogen also manufactures and commercializes biosimilars of advanced biologics. Our global organization of nearly 7,000 employees is committed to a single mission: making a meaningful difference in the lives of patients with few or no treatment options.
We aspire to have the greatest impact on patients and science of any biotechnology company in the history of our industry. To us, that means creating novel medicines that benefit individuals and society, and bringing new scientific understanding to diseases for which there are no adequate treatments.
The same intellectual discipline and passion that drives our science is reflected in our corporate citizenship, environmental sustainability, and commitment to diversity and inclusion. As a company, we are focused on improving science education and limiting the impact of our company on the environment. In 2015, we became a carbon neutral company and ranked first place on Newsweek’s 2015 Green Rankings, and we are an industry leader on the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Biogen was named to Science’s list of Top Employers of 2015 and in 2017 received a perfect score of 100 for the fourth consecutive year on the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Corporate Equality Index, which also named Biogen as one of its Best Places to Work.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, religion, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. Biogen is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.
Please be advised that all legitimate correspondence from a Biogen employee will come from "@biogen.com" email accounts.
Nearest Major Market: Cambridge
Nearest Secondary Market: Boston
Job Segment: Manager, Biotech, Business Development, Consulting, Pharmaceutical, Management, Science, Sales, Technology