Associate Director Neurogastroenterology & Motility Disorder Research, Gastroenterology Drug Discovery Unit - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- A scientific researcher and project leader within the Gastroenterology Drug Discovery Unit, working within a highly matrixed & virtual environment to build a strong and sustainable preclinical and early clinical motility disorder pipeline
- Collaborates with other company research teams and external partners to build a robust pipeline in motility disorders up to and including clinical POC, with a focus on external innovation
- Works closely with CNS drug discovery unit colleagues to identify and create synergies between GI and CNS research teams in areas of common interest such as neurodegenerative/neurological disease.
- Partners with colleagues in Translational Research and Early Clinical (TREC) team define early development plans thru POC for all internal and external projects in the motility disorder portfolio
- Is a subject matter expert on diligence teams in partnership with Center for External Innovation for the identification and assessment of external platform and pipeline opportunities in motility disorders
- Identifies opportunities for collaborations with key academic groups, CROs, biotech companies for target ID through enhancing project progression and decision making
- Is seen as a subject matter expert and keeps up with the up-to-date scientific advances and competitive environment.
- Represents our company and is responsible for creating a presence in the global GI and related scientific community through scientific meetings, advisory boards, online research communities, etc.
- Has an advanced degree in health or life sciences (e.g., Ph.D., M.D., D.V.M.) with significant drug discovery experience including project leadership, or the equivalent from an academic setting
- Is highly knowledgeable and experienced in all aspects of neuroscience, neurodegeneration or GI motility disorder drug discovery.
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Has experience of working through virtual and/or matrix team models in basic research
- Capable of leading a matrixed team comprised of scientists from within the company as well as external collaborators.
- Has experience of participation in diligence activities in the preclinical discovery function
- Requires approximately 20% or more travel, including international travel monthly basis.