Associate Director, Network Engagement / Medical Education Job - United States
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
Merck’s Oncology division is dedicated to
delivering breakthrough innovations that extend and improve the lives of cancer
patients worldwide. Our team of dauntless, forward-thinking individuals
achieves this through an unwavering commitment to supporting accessibility to
medicine, providing new therapeutic procedures, and collaborating with
governments and payers to ensure that people who need medicines have access to
them. At Merck, our focus is on innovation and launch execution excellence; we
translate breakthrough science into innovative medicines that help people with
cancer across the globe
The Oncology Medical Education Lead operates within a Commercial Services center of excellence to develop and deliver the KEYTRUDA promotional medical education communication strategy and tactical offerings. Strategies and tactics address the evolving educational needs of customers as aligned to both the overarching brand strategy and individual tumor opportunities. In addition to tumor specific responsibilities, the Lead is responsible for identifying and championing innovation and evolution for application across the portfolio to most optimally address educational needs and learning preferences of today’s customers and marketplace. This individual will collaborate closely with internal stakeholders, vendor partners and content agencies in the development and on-going management of a portfolio programs and tactics for use in the US and Global markets.
The selected candidate will ensure all activities are in full compliance with appropriate regulations and company policies, and will effectively apply and articulate the promotional medical education strategy across stakeholders and work efforts.
Core responsibilities of this role include the following:
- Demonstrate high proficiency in Promotional Medical Education strategies/application with specific Oncology scientific and market knowledge.
- End-to-end responsibility for tumor specific scopes of work inclusive of content and program deliverables, agency management, Promotional Review Team approvals and budget/financial responsibilities.
- Application of KOL and customer insights within the development of content, format and channel strategies.
- Identify and champion innovation in the content, format and delivery channels of promotional medical education strategies and tactics for use across the portfolio
- Collaborate with stakeholders to drive assessment and measurement across tactics to inform future choices.
- Coordinate with Marketing, Sales, Medical Affairs, Expert Engagement, Market Research and others to ensure strategically aligned, customer relevant programming.
- Work collaboratively across multiple stakeholder and organization to optimize and realize multi-channel deliveries and efficiencies including the Global Marketing Operations, Integrated Customer Engagement and Promotions.
- Demonstrates leadership behaviors and maintains alignment to Merck compliance goals and policies.
- Bachelor's Degree required, Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in marketing or marketing support of pharmaceutical products.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in the development of Promotional Medical Education strategy and tactics
- Knowledge of marketing principles, with demonstrated success executing brand or customer marketing strategy.
- Minimum of 1 year Agency management experience
- Experience and success in leading cross-functional strategic innovation and change
- Excellent collaboration and leadership skills, with demonstrated success in teamwork and constituency management across hierarchial lines.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Advanced Degree(s)
- Marketing/Marketing Support within the Oncology Marketplace.
- Experience supporting both US and Global markets
- Product launch or launch planning experience.
- Campaign and Message Development experience.
- Market research experience.
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Marketing Communications/Channels ONC
Job Title:Assoc. Dir, Marketing Comms/Channels
Primary Location: NA-US-NJ-Kenilworth
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: New York City
Nearest Secondary Market: Newark
Job Segment: Medical, Network, Oncology, Manager, Healthcare, Education, Technology, Management