Associate Director – SD&PM Critical Supplier Management - United States
- Our company is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products.
- Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
- Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you.
- To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork.
- As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
Position Overview / Basic Functions & Responsibilities:
- Lead investigations and action planning to address suppliers that significantly impact company business due to schedule deviations and chronic performance issues. This includes development of risk mitigation strategies, implementation of supplier performance improvement initiatives, contingency planning, and supplier crisis management.
- Collaborates with sites and stakeholders throughout company, with focus on the continued development of a world-class supply base to partner with company's integrated network.
- The individual will exercise leadership in monitoring and maintaining compliance to the steps defined within the Supplier Performance Management Process.
- This includes working with company sites and Global Supplier Owners in support of the Supplier Issue Management system, relative to company site identification of issues, timely communication with Suppliers, and prompt response and effective closure of supplier caused issues.
Primary Roles include, but are not limited to:
- Owning action plans and leading cross functional teams focused on resolving poor performance related to critical care suppliers, resulting in increased supplier performance.
- Working with chronic poor performing suppliers to develop and execute action plans that increase supplier delivery performance (OTIF) while ensuring continuity of supply throughout the company network.
- Ensure all business deviations are properly entered into the Issues Management System (IMS), and that each deviation has the appropriate issue owner. Work with issue owners to drive consistent corrective actions across the supply chain.
- Run Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) meetings with identified high risk suppliers to ensure transparent communication, communicate performance requirements and ensure appropriate stakeholder involvement.
- Partner with Global Procurement through established Strategic Sourcing Councils to drive category strategies that identify savings opportunities, identify diverse suppliers, increased supplier performance and ensure continuity of supply.
- Partner with SD&PM Systems and Processes to ensure accurate iOTIF and OTIF data is captured and reported through the scorecard application
- Travel to company Sites and Suppliers as necessary.
Education Minimum Requirement:
- BS/BA degree in Engineering, Science, or Business
- Minimum 5 years experience in Quality, Procurement, Manufacturing Operations, or related Business Operations working with products or processes is required.
Possess the following skills:
- Demonstrated Quality, Technical and / or Manufacturing experience
- Strong business negotiation skills conducted in a professional manner
- Experience with problem solving and technical investigations
- Ability to develop and / or improve supplier relationships
- Ability to work within a matrix organization and leverage expertise from other functions and departments
- Proficient in data management collection and analysis using software tools such as Excel, Minitab, etc.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Knowledge of cGMPs in the areas of pharmaceutical, medical device, and / or vaccine manufacturing or packaging
- Demonstrated experience with executive level presentations
- Six Sigma Green belt or higher certification
- Appreciates and respects diversity, cultures, and norms
- Works independently with all levels of the organization, and has demonstrated the following skills:
- Rapid / Disciplined decisions
- Acts with courage and candor
- Drives results
- Escalation of issues / concerns to management, as appropriate
- Ability to Prioritize, Align and Simplify
- Our employees are the key to our company’s success.
- We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program.
- Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. Our company is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time