This job is currently Archived,
Associate Director, Medical Science Liaison, Oncology Philadelphia United States,
Posted on : 25 May 2017
- Our company is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products.
- Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
- Our company s Oncology organization is dedicated to delivering breakthrough innovations that extend and improve the lives of cancer patients worldwide.
- Our team of dauntless, forward-thinking individuals achieves this through an unwavering commitment to supporting accessibility to medicine, providing new therapeutic procedures, and
- collaborating with governments and payers to ensure that people who need medicines have access to them. Our focus is on innovation and launch
- execution excellence; we translate breakthrough science into innovative medicines that help people with cancer across the globe.
- The Associate Director, Medical Science Liaison (MSL) is a credentialed (i.e., MD, PhD, or PharmD) healthcare professional with a strong working knowledge of diseases and treatments in Oncology and develops on-going professional relationships with Scientific Leaders (SLs) to help achieve positive health outcomes for patients. The MSL engages in scientific exchange with leaders in the external medical and scientific communities.
- Scientific exchange does not include promotional claims about any drug, vaccine or biologic product. MSLs provide to SLs balanced, factual, scientific information about non-product areas of interest to the company. MSLs also respond to unsolicited scientific questions from SLs, including questions about company products.
- MSLs have no sales objectives or accountability for prescribing or sales of any company product and are required to avoid any situations that could create the appearance that they have such responsibilities. The MSL may not comment on or make suggestions with respect to the diagnosis, treatment, or circumstances of a specific patient.
- Identify appropriate Scientific Leaders (SLs) with input from manager. Develops professional relationships and communicates with assigned SLs to ensure access to medical and scientific information on company products and areas of therapeutic interest
- Ensures SLs have a medical contact within the company.
- Conduct peer-to-peer scientific discussions and maintain a reliable presence with those SLs to identify needs/opportunities to improve population health in assigned therapeutic area(s); discusses appropriate evidence that can contribute to healthcare solutions
- Review headquarters-directed education and training to maintain current knowledge and understanding of dynamic scientific and clinical environment in our company's areas of interest.
- Direct scientific leader inquiries on issues outside of MSL scope of responsibilities (e.g., research, grants) to appropriate company resources consistent with applicable policies.
- When requested by MRL, works with MASL to identify potential investigators for consideration for participating in phase II-IV clinical development programs
- In response to unsolicited requests from scientific leaders, provide areas of interest and general high-level information regarding the company Investigator Study Program process.
- Attend scientific and medical meetings.
MD, PhD or PharmD
- A minimum of 1 year of clinical (patient care) or research experience in Oncology beyond that obtained in the terminal degree program. May include fellowship, residency, or work experience.
- Capable of conducting doctoral level discussions with key scientific leaders.
- Strong focus on scientific education and dialogue.
- Business and market knowledge, including quality management.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and networking skills.
- Must possess a thorough understanding of FDA, OIG, HIPAA and other ethical guidelines, laws, and regulations relevant to the pharmaceutical industry and its customers.
- Must be able to organize, prioritize, and work effectively in a constantly changing environment.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access).
- Field-based medical experience in the field of Oncology
- Clinical research experience
- Demonstrated record of scientific/medical publication
- Our employees are the key to our company s success.
- We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program.
- Our Company s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time
Job Segment: Medical, Oncology, Manager, Claims, Pharmaceutical Sales, Healthcare, Management, Insurance, Sales
Philadelphia PA US
Find a Job Find Candidates