Associate Director, Medical Affairs Training - United States
Kite is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies with a goal of providing rapid, long-term durable response and eliminating the burden of chronic care. The company is focused on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) and T cell receptor (TCR) engineered cell therapies designed to empower the immune system's ability to recognize and kill tumors. Kite is based in Santa Monica, CA. For more information on Kite, please visit www.kitepharma.com. Sign up to follow @KitePharma on Twitter at www.twitter.com/kitepharma.
The individual in this position will be responsible for developing, maintaining and delivering training, including but not limited to onboarding training, continual training for functional development, programming to support expansion of scientific platforms and disease states and training sessions associated with internal meetings and conferences.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Developing, maintaining and executing training programs, on boarding through advanced training, for MSLs and other teams in Medical Affairs
- Maintaining subject matter expertise for disease states, products and therapeutic areas aligned with Kite’s approved portfolio and clinical development platforms
- Coordinating with Medical Information and Clinical colleagues to ensure accuracy of medical content for internal training materials
- Collaborating with cross functional teams across Kite to provide disease state, product and therapeutic training as required
- Managing vendors and performing project management function during development of training content and execution of training initiatives
- Overseeing designated in-house training meetings to include planning, logistics management, vendor monitoring, and participant conduct
- Planning, designing and leading the execution of training offerings at internal meetings and conferences
- Supporting the maintenance of the learning management system and incorporation of distance based learning applications
- Developing and maintaining facilitation skills expertise in support of training content delivery
- Participation in Medical Affairs department meetings, including attendance at off site meetings as required
- Representation of Medical Affairs internally to senior management and cross functional partners and externally to healthcare providers as needed
- 7-10 + years of related bio/pharma experience; MSL experience preferred
- Prior training experience required
- Experience in the hematology/transplant therapeutic area strongly preferred
- Strong clinical background with ability to translate scientific and clinical data for functional application
- Previous experience working closely with a MSL organization
- High level of initiative and desire to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Exceptional presentation, facilitation and written communication skills
- Ability to work cross-functionally in a solutions oriented manner
- Travel required for training initiatives and meetings
- Demonstrated effectiveness in organization and planning skills including project management
- BA Degree, MA Degree preferred
Kite Pharma is an equal opportunity employer based in Santa Monica, CA. Kite Pharma offers the opportunity to be part of a successful, fast growing company in a cross functional and collaborative environment.
To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.kitepharma.com
No phone calls please and no agencies or recruiters.