Associate Director, Medical Affairs - United States
- We are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
- Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you.
- To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork.
- As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
- The Associate Director, Medical Affairs (ABAF Hospital) is a credentialed (i.e., MD, PhD, PharmD) healthcare professional with a strong working knowledge of diseases and treatments in a given therapeutic area and develops on-going professional relationships with Scientific Leaders (SL) to help achieve positive health outcomes for patients.
- The MA-TA provides accurate information about products, clinical science, and quality management in a balanced and credible manner consistent with the regulatory environment and ethical standards.
- Identified appropriate SLs with input from manager. Develops professional relationships and communicates with assigned SLs to ensure access to medical and scientific information on products and areas of therapeutic interest.
- Conduct peer to peer scientific discussions and maintain a reliable presence with those SLs to identify needs/opportunities to improve population health in assigned therapeutic area(s); discusses appropriate evidence that can contribute to healthcare solutions
- When needed, serve as a resource for the identification of potential investigators for consideration for participating in phase II-IV clinical development programs
- Provide areas of interest and general information regarding the Investigator Study Program process.
- Gather customer insight regarding competitor’s products to help inform HQ strategy
- Attends assigned medical and scientific meetings to: a) ensure awareness of current issues and evolving science in therapeutic area; b) develops and maintains relationships with health care providers; and c) support development of post-meeting deliverables.
MD, PharmD, or PhD
- 1-5 years of experience in patient care or within a health system beyond doctoral training program. May include fellowship, residency or work experience
- Strong customer focus
- Basic understanding of healthcare delivery system in the United States
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and networking skills
- Must possess basic understanding of the FDA, OIG, HIPAA and other ethical guidelines relevant to the pharmaceutical industry.
- Must be able to organize, prioritize, and work effectively in a constantly changing environment.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access)
- Field-based medical experience
- Clinical research experience
- Demonstrated record of scientific/medical publication
- Our company is an equal opportunity employer.
- We are able to offer the opportunity to be part of this successful, fast growing company.
- A place everyone knows your name and respects your opinion while at the same time offering benefits and time off packages commensurate to any large corporation.
Job Segment: Medical, Manager, Clinic, Law, Pharmaceutical, Healthcare, Management, Legal, Science