Associate Director, Medical Affairs Spinal Muscular Atrophy - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
|External Posting Title||Associate Director, Medical Affairs Spinal Muscular Atrophy|
|Job Description||As a key member of the Global Medical Rare Disease Product team(s) within the Global Medical, the Associate Medical Director is responsible for supporting the development and implementation of global medical strategy |
• Serve as the lead Global Medical contact for one or more of the key functions (e.g. Clinical Development, Commercial, or Market Acces)
o Collaborate with regional and/or affiliate medical to ensure regional activities are aligned with global medical strategy and that Global Medical is sufficiently aware of affiliate and regional insights and needs
o Effectively interacts and collaborates at multiple levels in the organization, including effective cross-functional interface with Regional and Affiliate Medical, R&D, Commercial, and Program Leadership
o Provide medical expertise to cross-functional teams. As a content expert, review abstracts, publications, medical information letters, and other medical documents as needed
o Represent Global Medical at other cross-functional teams and meetings as needed
• Serve as the Study Director and a core member of the study team for Global Medical studies
o Facilitate communications between Biogen and Study Investigators, and oversee the publication of the clinical trial results both at scientific meetings and in peer reviewed journals
• Lead specific data generation projects to address identified medical data gaps
• Support Global Medical advisory boards and trainings including development of content and presentation of data
• Maintains fiscal responsibility for the medical product activities that are assigned
|Location||Cambridge, MA, US|
|Job Category||Global Medical/Medical Affairs|
• MD, PhD, and/or PharmD with pharmaceutical industry experience required (3 years minimum). Relevant experience in Medical Affairs and clinical trial execution strongly desired
• Ability to understand and effectively communicate scientific and medical information to both internal and external customers. Excellent written and oral communication skills are imperative
• Ability to work independently yet engages in collaborative decision making, to complete tasks in a timely fashion, and function in a rapid-paced environment
• Ability to effectively operate in a highly matrixed organization
• Strong interpersonal skills and project management skills
• Ability to take initiative and solve complex and challenging problems
• Excellent communication (particularly both written and oral), leadership, and presentation skills
• Experience with Spinal Muscular Atrophy is a plus
• MD, PhD, or other advanced degree in the life sciences.
|About Biogen||Corporate Overview|
Through cutting-edge science and medicine, Biogen discovers, develops and delivers worldwide innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases. Biogen is a pioneer in biotechnology and today the Company has the leading portfolio of medicines to treat multiple sclerosis (MS), has introduced the first and only approved treatment for spinal muscular atrophy, and is at the forefront of neurology research for conditions including Alzheimer?s disease, Parkinson?s disease and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS). Biogen also manufactures and commercializes biosimilars of advanced biologics. Our global organization of nearly 7,000 employees is committed to a single mission: making a meaningful difference in the lives of patients with few or no treatment options.
We aspire to have the greatest impact on patients and science of any biotechnology company in the history of our industry. To us, that means creating novel medicines that benefit individuals and society, and bringing new scientific understanding to diseases for which there are no adequate treatments.
The same intellectual discipline and passion that drives our science is reflected in our corporate citizenship, environmental sustainability, and commitment to diversity and inclusion. As a company, we are focused on improving science education and limiting the impact of our company on the environment. In 2015, we became a carbon neutral company and ranked first place on Newsweek?s 2015 Green Rankings, and we are an industry leader on the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Biogen was named to Science?s list of Top Employers of 2015 and in 2017 received a perfect score of 100 for the fourth consecutive year on the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Corporate Equality Index, which also named Biogen as one of its Best Places to Work.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, religion, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. Biogen is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.
Please be advised that all legitimate correspondence from a Biogen employee will come from "@biogen.com" email accounts.
Nearest Major Market: Cambridge
Nearest Secondary Market: Boston
Job Segment: Biotech, Manager, Pharmaceutical, Biology, R&D, Science, Management, Research