Associate Director, Medical Affairs ABAF Hospital (Florida/Georgia) Job - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The Associate Director, Medical Affairs (ABAF Hospital) is a credentialed (i.e., MD, PhD, PharmD) healthcare professional with a strong working knowledge of diseases and treatments in a given therapeutic area and develops on-going professional relationships with Scientific Leaders (SL) to help achieve positive health outcomes for patients. The MA-TA provides accurate information about Merck products, clinical science, and quality management in a balanced and credible manner consistent with the regulatory environment and Merck’s ethical standards.
- Identified appropriate SLs with input from manager. Develops professional relationships and communicates with assigned SLs to ensure access to medical and scientific information on Merck products and areas of therapeutic interest. Ensures SLs have a medical contact within Merck.
- Conduct peer to peer scientific discussions and maintain a reliable presence with those SLs to identify needs/opportunities to improve population health in assigned therapeutic area(s); discusses appropriate evidence that can contribute to healthcare solutions
- When needed, serve as a resource for the identification of potential investigators for consideration for participating in phase II-IV clinical development programs
- Provide areas of interest and general information regarding the Merck Investigator Study Program process.
- Gather customer insight regarding Merck and competitor’s products to help inform HQ strategy
- Attends assigned medical and scientific meetings to: a) ensure awareness of current issues and evolving science in therapeutic area; b) develops and maintains relationships with health care providers; and c) support development of post-meeting deliverables.
Territory covers: Florida and Georgia
- Required: MD, PharmD, or PhD
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in patient care or within a health system beyond doctoral training program. May include fellowship, residency or work experience
- Strong customer focus
- Basic understanding of healthcare delivery system in the United States
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and networking skills
- Must possess basic understanding of the FDA, OIG, HIPAA and other ethical guidelines relevant to the pharmaceutical industry.
- Must be able to organize, prioritize, and work effectively in a constantly changing environment.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access)
- Field-based medical experience
- Clinical research experience
- Demonstrated record of scientific/medical publication
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Medical Affairs Generic - Field Based
Job Title:Assoc. Dir, Medical Affairs
Primary Location: NA-US-FL-Orlando
Other Locations: NA-US-Florida, NA-US-Georgia, NA-United States
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Hazardous Materials: No
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: Orlando
Job Segment: Medical, Manager, Clinic, Law, Healthcare, Management, Legal, Research