This job is currently Archived,
Associate Director/ Medical Adviser, Diabetes (m/f) Vienna Austria,
Posted on : 09 May 2017
- Our company is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products.
- Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
- Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you.
- To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork.
- As part of our global team, you ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career
- Our company has an exciting opportunity for an independent Associate Director-level Medical Adviser to take a next career step within our country Medical Affairs Department supporting the Diabetes franchise.
- The Medical Adviser will serve as Scientific Expert for our Diabetes franchise, providing internal medical guidance and governance as well as external scientific leadership to relevant stakeholders and scientific leaders in the field.
- Reporting to the Medical Affairs Director, you will actively contribute to the development of a medical strategy for the Diabetes business and implement a local Medical Affairs Plan to ensure appropriate introduction of new products and an optimal positioning and promotion of our marketed medicines.
- Furthermore, the Medical Advisor will significantly contribute to the development of the Medical component of the Diabetes brand strategy, interacting with commercial functions such as Brand & Customer Managers, Key Account Managers, or Market Access Managers.
- Visit on a regular base defined customers and convey information about the latest development in the assigned indication (e.g. most actual publications, etc.)
- Develop and maintain strong scientific network
- Develop projects with SLs and other stakeholders to facilitate adoption of best medical practices for physicians, health care institutions and patients
- Organize and lead local advisory boards
- Hold balanced and scientific presentations about the disease area, therapies and latest developments in context with assigned products and competitors
- Participate at national and international scientific meetings to apply newest knowledge and feed-back to relevant stakeholders
- Support the SL in development and execution of investigator initiated studies
- Support local clinical research operations (suggestions for investigators, objectives, design, sites, studies)
- Support the development of protocols for local and non-interventional studies
- Close collaboration with RDMA (Regional Director Medical Affairs) within region on strategic priorities
- Consulting and support of brand, customer and key account managers with strategic inputs on disease management,
- Support market access activities
- Support proactively PV requirements
- Lead pre-launch activities (named-patient programs, market access support)
Medical Information Requests:
Respond to medical inquiries from local customers not covered by the medical information group/ developed by global or regional
Sales Training Support:
- Provide sales reps with information on new studies, competitors, issues
- Train reps in all medical aspects of the franchise
- Medical Degree, Doctor of Pharmacy or PhD in a relevant Life Science discipline
- At least 5 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry; experience in the Austrian healthcare market is advantageous
- At least 3 years of direct work experience as Medical Advisor or Medical Manager, preferably in Primary Care or other prescription (Rx) medicine
- Scientific baseline knowledge in Diabetes is highly desirable but no prerequisite
- Sound understanding of clinical trials methods, implementation and interpretation of clinical data, good scientific and clinical judgment
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to effectively work within a matrixed team environment
- Proven ability to work in a matrix organization and to efficiently work within a multicultural team environment
- Strong, confident and engaging presentation skills
- Strong customer facing, listening, and probing skills
- Used to handling multiple tasks simultaneously and to working under pressure
- Willingness to travel frequently (approx. 50%)
- Full proficiency in German (at least level C1); additional strong English language skills, both oral and written
- Our company offers an attractive salary, outstanding social benefits and an exciting work environment with varied tasks in an international environment.
- The minimum annual salary for this position is EUR 67 400 and varies according to the qualifications and experience of the successful candidate.
Job Segment: Medical, Manager, Pharmacy, Special Medicine, Consulting, Healthcare, Management, Technology
Find a Job Find Candidates