Associate Director, Med Ed Technology Job - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
Reporting to the Director of Medical Education in the US Promotion organization, the Associate Director of Medical Education Technology will provide the vision and leadership for developing and implementing technology initiatives to support promotional Medical Education. This role will be responsible for installation and realization of technology to support and evolve our promotional Medical Education program offerings to align with customer preferences.
A critical component of the position is to optimize our existing virtual platforms and expand into new virtual offerings through the evaluation assessment and approval of external partners and vendors. During the development and implementation of the technology strategy, the Associate Director will work closely with other key stakeholders including IT, Operations, Promotion, Compliance, Legal, Marketing and external vendors. This role will also direct the technology training and hardware platform management support functions.
- Initiate and scope the work related to medical education program technology strategy to align with customer channel and content preferences
- Rapidly expand the use of our existing virtual offerings through assessment and user research.
- Implement new Medical Education technology, train and scale for field use. Measure use and impact over time.
- Work with brand teams to guide and develop channel relevant content for PRT review and approval.
- Lead the launch, execution and realization of digital Medical Education capabilities
- Lead the daily operations of medical educational program technology systems including: Merck Speaker Services, PFX, and Centris
- Provide leadership and direction for the development of medical education program technology training curricula that provide business context and application to all medical education program technology investments/enhancements/changes
- Manage Med Ed supplier partnerships to ensure optimal program performance. Work collaboratively with the Director of Strategic Alliances and the Manager of Vendor Partnerships—sharing information, ensuring clear roles and responsibilities, and participating in performance reviews.
- Champion new digital technologies and partnerships through the Regulatory/Legal approval process
- Effectively manage and provide fiscal oversight for the medical education program technology budget
- Serve as the Medical Education Department business partner to Marketing and Sales to ensure the highest level of responsiveness and quality to support the Commercial Strategy, and close alignment to individual brand strategies
- Required: Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: Marketing, Promotion, Market Research, Medical Education
- Demonstrated ability to think innovatively, challenge the status quo, and drive change
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively collaborate across departments, functions and divisions
- Proven ability to manage a number of programs/projects simultaneously
- Strong problem-solving skills, negotiation skills, and business acumen
- Strong project management skills, facilitations skills, and ability to drive results
- Ability to work independently and manage ambiguity
- Ability to understand, distill and communicate complex information for specific audiences
- Strong understanding of Compliance and how to ensure that all work is compliant
- Strong understanding of technology digital engagement
- Experience as a project lead for a major technology initiative
- Innovative thinking
- Change management understanding and experience
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Marketing Communications/Channels
Job Title:Assoc. Dir, Marketing Comms/Channels
Primary Location: NA-US-PA-Upper Gwynedd
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Job Segment: Medical Technologist, Medical, Manager, Law, Communications, Healthcare, Management, Legal, Marketing