Associate Director Marketing, Multiple Sclerosis (MS) - Germany
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries, and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
Under the direction of the Business Unit Director I&I Germany, this individual will be responsible for building up and leading the new MS marketing team. She/he will develop the local brand strategy for MS and will have full responsibility for developing and executing the marketing launch readiness plan. In addition, this individual will be responsible for driving the development, implementation and execution of marketing and educational programs in the therapeutic field of MS. He/she leads the development of brand plans, and tactical implementation plans. In addition, he/she builds and maintains close relationships with internal stakeholders, external vendors, and opinion leaders in the market.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Lead the marketing strategy and effort.
2. Structure and develop a MS Marketing team able to successfully prepare the upcoming launch.
3. Work with internal stakeholders, external vendors and leverage relationships with opinion leaders in the market.
4. Responsible for strategic planning and brand development.
5. Lead effective life cycle management of the brand through collaboration with Medical department.
6. Attend regularly strategic disease workshop at international level, being required for proactive contribution.
7. Responsible for brand performance tracking & results.
8. Lead the strategy and prioritization of marketing campaigns and ensure timely delivery of materials in accordance with regulatory requirements.
9. Development of a long-range forecasting plan together with the Business Unit Director and the Manager Market Research, ensuring accuracy and timelines of production forecasts.
10. Lead the local implementation of brand strategy according to local market requirements and resources as well as in full congruence with the European Brand Plan.
11. Inspires and equips the Sales Force to enable maximization of the Brand potential.
12. Management of marketing budgets to ensure expenditure is aligned with brand plan.
13. Develop and manage relationships with EU colleagues, with a network of KOLs, with the key professional organization.
14. Partners with the Medical Director and Medical Liaison to maximize the brand performance (incl. clinical programs, KOL, development, symposia, expert panels).
15. Partners with the Sales Director to optimize the brand performance via message management and development of promotional materials.
16. Partners with EU Marketing Management and PMs, seeks exchange of best practices and maximizes EU synergies and alignment.
17. Takes project leads for local implementation of EU projects. Lead of strategic (interdisciplinary) cross-functional disease teams.
· Strong identification with Celgene’s values
· University Diploma/ College degree required
· Extensive experience in pharmaceutical market
· Proven success and extensive experience in leading and supervising a Marketing team (e.g. as a group-PM)
· Launch-experience in the German market strongly preferred
· Sales and field experience as product specialist an advantage
· High scientific profile with the ability to take on board new and complex clinical information
· Documented success in gaining or maintaining market leadership position
· Fluency in English, both oral and written communications
· Must be PC literate in Microsoft Office
· Leadership skills and strong completive drive
· Strong business acumen, strategic thinking
· Organizational and follow-up ability
· Project management capabilities
· Analytical skills including situation analysis capabilities
· Ability to work with all levels of personnel and establish positive working relationships
· Independent self-starter, accurate and well organized
· Highly energetic, self-reliant, able to successfully drive performance and deliver results with various parties in a timely and efficient manner
· Open minded
· Team working and capability to work for objectives
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Experience in coaching