This job is currently Archived,
Associate Director, Market Access Marketing Dublin Ireland,
Jazz Pharma (company)
Posted on : 21 April 2017
- The Associate Director of Market Access Marketing is responsible for developing and executing market access strategies and plans for assigned products including the development of a compelling payer value proposition and payer messaging.
- This position will act as the strategic and tactical market access lead for assigned products leading the development and implementation of tools and tactics to support Market Access strategies for use with third party payers, including Managed Care organizations, Government agencies, and Hospital Institutions, as well as other customer types.
- Therefore this individual will work cross-functionally with the various Market Access account teams, including Payer Account Teams, Field Access and Reimbursement Teams and Strategic Account Managers, to ensure that they are equipped with programs and tools to be effective with their customers.
- The AD will also collaborate with the Business Unit Marketing Lead to optimize opportunities to maintain or enhance payer access for supported products, and to provide the sales organization with tactics to support payer messaging.
- The AD will be an active partner and participate in the development of commercial brand strategies with marketing, to ensure that appropriate market access initiatives are delivered.
- This individual will also work collaboratively with Pricing and Contracting and Trade/Distribution market access colleagues to ensure product strategies are aligned and optimal payer and patient access objectives are achieved.
- The AD will be responsible for ensuring collaboration and the development of effective relationships with legal, regulatory, compliance and analytics to be effective.
- This individual will ensure that program implementations are effectively measured and tracked, and that the payer landscape, including trends that affect our products, are understood by the company.
- Applicant must be strategic, have strong program development and execution experience, in-depth managed markets knowledge, and analytical skills.
- In addition, the applicant must possess knowledge of health care reimbursement practices and regulatory requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE ALL OR SOME OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Leads the development and execution of the strategic marketing plan for Market Access to secure optimal payer coverage/policy and physician/patient access for assigned products and/or franchise. Works closely with Pricing and Contracting and Trade/Distribution market access colleagues to ensure product strategies are aligned and optimal payer and patient access objectives are achieved.
- Conduct ongoing market situational assessment for assigned products through market research (including Payer Advisory Boards), payer account feedback, direct customer interactions, published reports, policy updates and/or payer analytics to identify any potential market access threats or opportunities.
- Leads the development of promotional and non-promotional materials, programs, and tactics to impact or influence public and private payer access.
- Collaborates with Account Team Leadership, IT, and Analytics to assess the need for specific analytical tools that may be utilized by Market Access and/or field sales to effectively manage account relationships and for payer pull-through initiatives.
- Collaborates with the BU Marketing leads to develop effective strategies, initiatives, and pull-through tactics and programs for use by the Field.
- Leads the Market Access approval process for marketing programs and materials, including the internal PMRC review process, or MRC process, when applicable.
- Develops and maintains effective collaborative working relationships with external business partners, including brand and payer marketing agencies, consultants, and data analytics vendors, as well as internal departments such as Marketing, Sales, Analytics, Training, Compliance, Medical, Regulatory, and Legal.
- Collaborates with the Business Unit Sales Leads to gather feedback and input on market dynamics, field needs and effectiveness of managed markets tactics.
- Manages Market Access Marketing budgeting and forecasting process, and is responsible for ensuring that programs and tactics are delivered within budget.
- BS/BA required along with 8+ years of related experience in the pharmaceutical, medical device, or biotech industry with brand marketing and/or life cycle management experience preferred.
- 4+ years of related experience in payer/channel/trade pricing and patient services and/or account management and/or managed markets marketing.
- Excellent project management skills are required including experience in managing vendors, in particular agencies, preferred.
- Experience with direct management and leading others preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of health care reimbursement practices and regulatory requirements.
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams and interface and influence with multiple types of teams at multiple levels, both internally and externally.
- Demonstrated good judgment, good analytical, problems solving, strategic thinking and decision making abilities.
- Experience managing budgets preferred
- Masters or other advanced degree preferred.
REQUIRED EDUCATION / CERTIFICATIONS / LICENSES
- College Graduate-Bachelor s Degree minimum
Find a Job Find Candidates