Associate Director, Legal and Compliance - China
- Provide legal counsel, assistance and general business advice to company businesses in China, as follows:
- Advise on compliance with market authorization and production related laws and regulations.
- Assist HQs IP team to work on IP related issues.
- Advise on Draft, review and negotiate contracts for company China.
- Strong interaction is necessary with all levels of the China Medical, R&D and senior management and the HQs/Regional legal teams.
- Assist in legal support in business development projects (including merger and acquisition and licensing) together with the HQs/Regional legal teams.
- Work with Medical team and PV team to handle legal claims relating to adverse events.
- Review and advise on promotional materials, training materials, etc.
- Provide legal support and work with compliance team to provide compliance support to daily operations of R&D organization.
- Well organized and capable of handling a demanding workload
- Excellent legal and research skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent drafting and negotiation skills in both English and Mandarin
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work effectively and smoothly with both the local offices in China and the corporate offices in Singapore and the United States
- Good computer skills (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Over 10 years of post graduate experience with corporate, commercial transactions, and management of litigation.
- In-depth expertise within the Pharmaceutical & Life Sciences Sector and a strong sense of both business and scientific activities.
- Experience of working in an in-house setting or in a healthcare related industry is desirable. Experience in compliance related work is a plus.
- Excellent legal academic credentials with law firm or in-house legal experience/training are required.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Mandarin is required. Legal education from a Commonwealth jurisdiction is preferred.
Job Segment: Medical, Manager, Compliance, Law, Claims, Healthcare, Legal, Management, Insurance