Associate Director, IT Business Analysis, US Market Operations and Strategy Realization Job - United States
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The Associate Director, IT Business Analyst is part of the Client Services organization within Global Human Health IT – US Market. As a key member of the US Market Operations and Strategy Realization IT team, this senior level Business Analyst will participate in and lead business analysis for various initiatives in support of Sales Ops, Promotions, Investment Analytics & Decision Sciences, and the US Market Strategy 2020 Realization Team. The U.S. Adaptive Customer Engagement strategic imperative and Digital Marketing Strategy will be primary areas of focus.
Key responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with business partners, Global Human Health IT colleagues, internal Merck IT platforms and shared services, and third party solution providers, consultants and contractors to understand business needs and provide solutions that enable the realization of business and IT strategies
- Understand assigned business areas (functions, processes, organizational structure/roles), their needs/challenges and goals/objectives, and plans to advance their business capabilities
- Develop business cases for investment in new capabilities
- Conduct business analysis in support of assigned projects/programs including:
- Shape and scope BA deliverables ensuring compliance with Merck SDLC and other applicable policies
- Model business processes, enabling capabilities and data/information needs (current and future state)
- Requirements elicitation, prioritization, documentation and traceability
- User Acceptance Test planning and coordination
- Represent business needs to ensure IT solutions reflect functionality necessary to realize the expected value
- Serve as Lead Business Analyst on larger initiatives
- Mentor other Business Analysts and contribute to advancement of Merck’s Business Analysis practice
- Minimum of a Bachelors' degree is required (concentration in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or related field preferred).
- At least 7 years work experience as a business/technical analyst (or similar position) that includes at least 2 years of work experience within the pharmaceutical industry
- Experience in the following aspects of the business analysis discipline using industry standard tools and techniques: business case and project scope development, business process modeling and analysis, use cases, requirements elicitation and documentation and user acceptance testing
- Understanding of industry standard SDLCs and experience “right sizing” to different types of IT initiatives
- Demonstrated success building and maintaining strong relationships across client and technology organizations
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills (ask right questions, listening, presentations, written, discussion facilitation)
- Outcomes and business value focused, detail oriented and well organized
- Energetic, self-starter with demonstrated ability to thrive in a dynamic and complex environment
- Analysis/architecture experience in the pharmaceutical Sales and Marketing area
- Knowledge/experience with Agile/scrum methodology
- Six Sigma Certification or similar certification/experience with other process improvement methodologies
- Organizational readiness assessment and change management
- Experience running complex workshops aligning people, process and technology
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Business/Technical Analysis
Job Title:Assoc. Dir, Business/Tech. Analysis
Primary Location: NA-US-PA-West Point
Other Locations: NA-US-PA-Upper Gwynedd
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Job Segment: Operations Manager, Pharmaceutical, Pharmaceutical Sales, Information Systems, Operations, Science, Sales, Technology