Associate Director, INTERFERON Asset Team - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Our company’s Specialty Medicines Group is responsible for late stage development and commercialization of our portfolio of medicines for disease areas such as multiple sclerosis (MS).
- The INTERFERON asset team is responsible for globally, leading strategy development in partnership with cross-functional groups and for regional and affiliate adaptation and execution. This includes optimization of the P&L, brand positioning, lifecycle management including new indications, oversight of relationship management with diagnostic test service providers and optimization of the value chain.
- This role is Associate Director, INTERFERON Asset Management Reporting directly to the Vice President, INTERFERON Asset Executive.
- The Associate Director will play a key role in the design and execution of strategic levers to drive brand performance and growth globally and optimize customer experience across the value chain.
- In addition, this position will play a key role in the day-to-day operations and coordination with key cross-functional partners and regions on specific areas.
Deliverable for the Associate Director, INTERFERON (IFN) Asset Management include, but are not limited to:
- Build a strong command of and lead IFN Asset Team budget
- Lead monthly BAT (Brand Alignment Team) Calls among regional and affiliate marketing teams
- Lead SMD (Strategic Message Documents) refresh
- Includes brand message evolution
- Co-lead monthly IFN Communication Team
- Back-up to Lead for bi-weekly Asset Team meeting
- Lead IPP (Integrated Product Planning) process for IFN
- Contributor on other cross functional teams e.g.
- Post Marketing Surveillance, Publications, gCOP TIW work stream
- Lead monitoring of customer and competitive insights and translate insights and findings into prioritized actions
- Identify strategic levers and deliver on execution requirements including tools and guidance for affiliates in order to optimize customer experience throughout the value chain and improve performance
- Lead competitive guidance and readiness for incoming competitive products
- This role will focus on Cladribine/Movectro (GMRT)readiness as Team Leader
- Serve as country or regional connector/global liaison to define and drive focused implementation in line with customer and business needs
- Support of all other team activities, including building of annual tactical plans, competitive response planning, and contribution to all other commercial projects through participation, critical feedback, and problem solving.
- Passion and experience in pharmaceutical/biotech specialty products, focused on marketing and commercialization.
- Excellent analytical, strategic thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Solid understanding of customer insights and value chain with an ability to translate insights into strategic levers and actionable priorities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, able to communicate effectively and develop relationships with a diverse group of stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to drive clarity, cross-functional collaboration and accountability towards results.
- Crisp decision making.
- Ability to influence without direct authority, demonstrate adaptability and strong performance in highly dynamic environments.
- Previous experiences that would be an advantage: work within Global/Regional/Local roles, marketing, sales experience, sales management, brand management, and specialty therapeutic areas.
- Fluent in English (verb and written), additional languages an advantage given the global scope of the role
- Degree(s) in Life science and/or Business
- MBA/MSc or other advanced degree preferred
- Through cutting-edge science and medicine, our company discovers, develops and delivers worldwide innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases.
- Our company is a pioneer in biotechnology and today the Company has the leading portfolio of medicines to treat multiple sclerosis (MS), has introduced the first and only approved treatment for spinal muscular atrophy, and is at the forefront of neurology research for conditions including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS).
- Our company also manufactures and commercializes biosimilars of advanced biologics.
- Our global organization of nearly 7,000 employees is committed to a single mission: making a meaningful difference in the lives of patients with few or no treatment options.
- Our company was founded in 1978 and today serves patients in nearly 70 countries.
- We aspire to have the greatest impact on patients and science of any biotechnology company in the history of our industry.
- To us, that means creating novel medicines that benefit individuals and society, and bringing new scientific understanding to diseases for which there are no adequate treatments.
- For nearly two decades our company has led in the research and development of new therapies to treat MS, including the most prescribed oral treatment in the world.
- Now our research is driving revolutionary new MS treatments with the goal of reversing or even repairing damage caused by the disease.
- We are now applying our neurological expertise to solve some of most challenging and complex diseases of the brain, including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, and ALS.
- As we uncover new insights into human biology, our company is employing cutting-edge technologies to discover potential treatments for rare and genetic disorders.
- Our company is revolutionizing biologic manufacturing, developing the industry’s most advanced plants and processes.
- This expertise is used to produce both original innovative therapies and bio similar that expand patient access to lower-cost medicines.
Our Corporate Citizenship
- The same intellectual discipline and passion that drives our science is reflected in our corporate citizenship, environmental sustainability, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- As a company, we are focused on improving science education and limiting the impact of our company on the environment.